There is a lot of information in each country that becomes accessible if you know their language.

just_writer 24 / 42 5  
Since people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

reason for learning a foreign language

In today's world, communication plays an important role in all aspects of our life, from having fun with friends to resolve the complex political matters, and it goes without saying that languages are the main tool to communicate. In regard, some people think it is not necessary to learn other languages unless we want to travel to its country. Other people disagree and believe there are other reasons involved. Both points of views will be discussed, plus my own opinion on the subject.

On one hand, there are people who never used another language other than their native one. They fell that it is too much work to learn another language, because they never needed it. For example, my grandfather worked at a bank, all his life he only spoke and written in Farsi and also changes his smartphone language to his mother tongue. He never felt the need to learn another language.

On the other hand, lots of people believe that in a world that we live now, there are no borders, there is a lot of opportunities for a person who can understand people from another side of the world. For example, one of my friends learned 3 languages in university, everybody thought she was weird, because who needs to know four different languages. Eventually, she got a job with high salary as a translator for an international company in Iran.

Lastly, in my own opinion, I think our modern world, with the help of the internet that made us closer together, There a lot of information online. For instance, when I was doing my thesis and also when I want to work, all of my references are in English, even though I am in Iran, I need to know English to become successful.

In conclusion, there are some people who have not needed other languages their whole life and are against in learning it. In contrast, a lot of people believe that in our world, it is impossible to be successful if one does not understand others. And I believe it is a must-have skill because there is a lot of information in each country that becomes accessible if you know their language.

(367 Words)
You must never begin the discussion of the essay with a representation of information that is not located in the original prompt. The first paragraph is solely dedicated to the paraphrasing of the original prompt. This is the part of the essay that can make or break your score. If you properly represent the prompt requirements, without adding information not located in the original prompt, then you will get a higher score in the TA section. A high score in the TA section almost always means that you will at least get a passing score for the test. Be careful of your vocabulary usage. "Fell" instead of "Feel" means points deductions in the LR section. Good work on this essay though. I believe that it can gain a more than average passing score had this been an actual test. Your point deductions would have been minimal. Be careful with those points that I mentioned in your next practice test.

Home / Writing Feedback / There is a lot of information in each country that becomes accessible if you know their language.