In the modern world, there is a movement away from written exams to more practical assessment

tanpro1010 1 / -  
Submitted by tan1010pro on Thu, 02/20/2020 - 07:13
Which band score will i get ? thank you

the best way of assessing students

In recent year, people have changed the method of evaluating from a written exams into practical assessment. This tendency has it's own benefits and drawbacks.

On the one hand, There are a lot of advantages that practical test may bring about. Firstly, This kind of test will be able to evaluate the real ability of students because it reflect how much efforts did student try to complete the assignments . Whereas, It is not very difficult for The students to cheat on the paper based exams. As a result they can get a flying color mark without studying. Secondly, A assessment method containing interviews, group work, presentation help students to significantly enhance their soft skills. For example, a presentation helps people to become confident when he or she talks in front of people.

On the other hand, This tendency may bring about some drawbacks. Practical exam requires an well domestic finances to spend on a number of important equipment. In particular, It totally takes a drastic payment for a country to purchase a great deal of computers. It means that it's nearly impossible for developing countries to perform this kind of test. Another negative aspect of this trend is that it require a high qualified teacher. In contrast with the traditional exams which have a clear answer keys to help examiner get easier to mark their students. The teacher may encounter with more difficulties in giving an accurate band score for the performance of candidates.

In conclusion, performing a practical exam can be advantageous by reflecting exactly the ability of student and giving them more opportunities to enhance their essential skills and disadvantageous because it require a great deal of money and really professional teachers.
xtunx 4 / 9 6  
You may have got some ideas.Unfortunately, I have to say that there are a lot of grammar mistakes. For example :"it's" at the first paragraph.( and so on ). And personally, I think you shouldn't write " with flying color" because it brings like a "idiom" feeling towards .

In the second sentence of the 2nd paragraph, instead of using simple future tens, you had better use simple present

And there are some logical errors in your arguement in your second parapraph . For example, there is a tendency of practical assessment doesn't particularly means that underdeveloped countries are forced to follow this trend. You haven't explain this but in ur paragraph, you believe that this trend will affect these countries. However, in my opinion, it's absolutely their choice to make. Furthermore, you doesn't explain why this trend " require high-qualified teacher " is a downside. Because what's worth mentioning is that by bring up the standard requirement for a teacher to be qualified does mean that these teachers are more experienced and consequently, is an absolute good thing to do. REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY MY PERSONAL OPINION

One point I'd like to make is that you should seperate your ideas clearly. If in the first paragraph, you choose to talk about benefits so let the 2nd be about disadvantages. You kind of mix these things together.

What is more, a comma and a dot can bring a major change to ur essay so don't let them be underused. And you have made some mistakes with your capitalize too.

This is what I personally think. Hope it can help you someway....
serbinax 7 / 19 7  
@tanpro1010

In your introduction you failed to paraphrase the task sentence, because "movement away" does not mean "changed the method", it means there are still some written exams that are being conducted, it is just their number is decreasing. Therefore, you will be downgraded for the TA.

Your conclusion cannot consist of just one long sentence. You need to paraphrase the question again, mention the advantages and disadvantages, and give a concluding sentence. Your score would be downgraded for this reason too.

Grammar: Your essay contains a lot of grammar mistakes, inappropriate usage of collocations, and phrasal verbs. "Firstly, This kind...", "Secondly, A..." I am pretty sure you are aware of the fact that you cannot capitalize pronoun after comma. Pay attention to verbs in present tense, third person's form requires "s" at the end. "...helps people to become confident..." the correct form should be "help people do something..."

There are multiple repetitions of the words "help" and "presentation" in two last sentences of your first body paragraph. Try to find a paraphrase for them.

Your ideas are good, but it is very difficult for the reader to understand them, because your writing needs some work.

Best of luck!
There are several problems with your writing. The first is that you are not achieving the minimum 3 sentence requirement in the TA and conclusion paragraphs. As these two sections are directly related to the TA score, the examiner will take this to mean that you did not understand the instructions very well, which is why you wrote so little in these paragraphs. Always aim for a 3 sentence paragraph. For the introduction and conclusion paragraphs, provide a 3 sentence outline as a minimum presentation.

Your paragraphs are incoherent and not cohesive because you are trying to discuss at least 2 ideas in every paragraph. You need only one topic sentence per paragraph to score well in the C&C section. Each paragraph needs to fully explain one idea in 3-5 sentences. If you compare your firs topic discussion with your second topic discussion in the same paragraph, you will notice that one explanation, the first one, is better explained in the paragraph than the second topic. That is why you are asked to write a minimum of 3 paragraphs. You can already score well in the C&C section, along with the GRA rating if you write 3 sentences that:

- Have a clear topic sentence
- Has an understandable explanation
- Has a good example or personal experience provided

Remember, the important matter here is not to just use plenty of English words, you have to prove that you can use the English words to explain yourself. If you cannot do that, then you will not perform well in an English class where you will be expected to participate in both written and oral English. Based on the gravity of your grammar mistakes, which show a serious problem with English grammar rules and sentence construction (word choice errors, wrong use of capitalization, sentence formatting, etc.), contractions, your possible score could be a 5. You discussed the topic well in the body but it was heavy with grammar issues and thought progression problems. You have the potential to score even higher if you learn to become careful with your essay developments in the future.

Home / Writing Feedback / In the modern world, there is a movement away from written exams to more practical assessment