"why a new global language is absolutely necessary for a new world.?"

sanky 1 / 4  
My view about "why a new global language is absolutely necessary for a new world.?"
You need to write the essay on this topic and post it here for others to provide you with their feedback.
OP sanky 1 / 4  
Writing is a very unnatural process. It is a ability which must be learned. We write in order to communicate. Because words have many different meanings and also since they are created according to a particular point of view, they cannot possible communicate most efficiently. But the worst feature of communication via writing is the presupposed preconditioning of both writer and the reader. If preconditioning does not exist writing fails it's purpose.

Despite many deficiencies, writing is still the most important tool for communication. West must be given credit for imposing it's language on the east. It serves for unity. People now communicate with one single language. There are many problems one from each part of the world faces when they use a single language is a giant step homo sapiens will take for the creation of united world.

If we keep religion aside and view man as nothing but an animal, part of the larger animal kingdom, he must develop a new form of language, a global language. He must do so in order to communicate more efficiently with the world. Words are ambiguous because different cultures associate different degrees to different feelings and emotions. A hungry person in Africa is perceived more hungry than a hungry person in Europe. This particular phenomenon is the reason why cultural world languages fail.

Thus primary prerequisite of new global language is that it must have very few words. This will be a real challenge as there are new words being invented everyday. An animal man speaks unambiguously. If he is hungry he will say "food", if thirsty will say "water". He will not recite a poem the describes the glory of an apple. Poem is absolutely useless to a hungry person. It is only for a man on full stomach. If we negate cultural constructs like literature, religion, love and such , language becomes much simpler and much more efficient.
Your prompt is -

However you introduce it as;

Writing is a very unnatural process. It is a ability which must be learned. We write in order to communicate.

Writing is only one aspect of a language and I do not understand why you narrowed down its scope only to writing. Is that what your topic is ? What is the purpose for this writing? IELTS or TOFEL? Or some classroom assignment?
OP sanky 1 / 4  
I have deliberately left this short essay unedited to re enforce my central idea which i have stated in the last line of the essay.

My main purpose of writing this essay is to find out other people's opinion about new global language. Whether they think it's possible or not ?, whether they like the idea or not? etc. I
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

Then why you give so much emphasis on writing? I feel speaking the most important facet of a language and even the technology supports moving towards audio communication. So if your concentration is more on a global language, I think it is not fair to give more emphasis on writing.

You have written the above very well :)
OP sanky 1 / 4  
Thank you,

I concede that speaking is the most important part of language in a day to day life scenario. But spoken language comes from written language. It may change later but written word is the primary building block of any language.

Wouldn't it be easier to just write or say "water" and have the other person understand you rather than say "can i have some water". I think we can draw parallel to this discussion from computer language. Initially in order to make our computer understand a simple word we had to write something like 1000100010010101010 but now we simply tell say write" apple" or read 'apple" and it understands. Computer language has moved from assembly level language to machine level and now to day to day language.

But with us humans our language is becoming more and more complicated. Today an average student has much lower semantic ability than the student of yesterday. Don't you think in this globalized world we live in the whole world would benefit a lot by having a simpler more scientific language than the ones we have now?

Home / Writing Feedback / "why a new global language is absolutely necessary for a new world.?"