"The New Lone Rangers" and "Foot-binding" are representing the same sort of character

chipmunk 6 / 10  
I need grammatical correction!!!
Please help!!!

While I am reading "The New Lone Rangers" and "Foot-binding", they are representing the same sort of character: a character that people would have to follow the trend to satisfy the society. People influenced by the society because advanced people have set a stereotype on an object. The heroines of the songs described in "The New Lone Rangers" handle a wide-open social frontier just as confidently and cynically as Bogart handled the urban frontier. On the other hand, foot size would determine how marriageable a girl was in "Foot-binding". Heroines signify cynicism and foot-binding signifies a good marriage. These symbolisms have led me to think about the symbolisms of English and Caucasians in Hong Kong, also the attitude of how teenagers dwell on an ex-relationship.

"My feet would be something that would hold my husband's fascination during the most private and intimate moments between a man and a woman" (Lisa). This is a sentence implying how important feet are symbolizing a woman in her society. Apart from temptation, it is a significance to hold a relationship between her and her husband. English is an important language in Hong Kong, because everyone believes that people will not able to find a job with good salary in the future if they do not speak English well; therefore, my parent has forced me to study English really hard to get a good result. My assumptions of people who did not speak English well were useless when I was a child. Also, white, black and red people cause me to think that they can speak English better than yellow people. However, knowledge changes me during my adolescent years. I can see that people who cannot speak English well, like my father and teachers who do not teach English, they can find a good job with well wage. Moreover, people who do not speak English well can be any color types of people, because English is not the only first language of every country. On the other hand, I think white people are always rich and intelligent when I was a child. You can see white people rarely studying in a public school in Hong Kong, because they are usually studying in an international school, which is really expensive for normal citizens. Also, you can only see yellow, red, or black people live in slum area, and you can never see white people living there. Moreover, white people who work in a company have high position generally. Nevertheless, time changes my attitude during my youth hood, especially my exchange year in the U.S... I can see lots of poor people living in different areas and vagrants begging for money when I walk through. Also, I could do better than most of my classmates during every class when I was in high school. What I think is white people do not have better intelligence than the others. We all are the same if we have strived enough to reach our goals.

David Brooks has used three megahit pop songs to describe the misunderstood circumstance of adolescent. Teenagers nowadays, especially girls, are thinking "the heroines of these songs handle this wide-open social frontier just as confidently and cynically as Bogart handled the urban frontier" (Brooks). My friend named Cindy, who had a boyfriend a month ago, the reason why they break up is because the autarchy of her boyfriend. He has a special interest in Japanese girls, especially girls with blonde hair; therefore, he is asking Cindy to change her appearance to fulfill his aspiration, but she is not doing it, and they have some arguments and fights. Although he is persuading Cindy not to leave him alone, she is still insisting the consequence and break up with him. I am talking with Cindy after her separating, and she has told me a perspective that make me will never forget it, which is "I dump him cause I want to seek a completely obedient man", she said joyously. I cannot ever imagine that a girl presently will not be harmful by breaking up with her boyfriend. Is that meant she is strong, invulnerable, or cynical? Maybe she knows exactly what she wants, "But the rules of courtship have dissolved. They've been replaced by ambiguity and uncertainty" (Brooks).

Symbolism has been existed since ninety century. The meaning of symbolism cannot be changed since people have been involved in because of the traditional and conservative thought. I can see lots of people get injured of this, for instance, foot-binding and marriage. Sometimes they have no options to choose because of the symbolism. In addition, adolescent have been over independent and confident nowadays. Radiance has been replaced by twilight and arrogance, and I am totally agreed in "young people still need intimacy and belonging more than anything else" (Brooks).
mcglownn 2 / 3  
This is interesting reading good luck with your grammar try buying greegs list it should help you in the future

Home / Writing Feedback / "The New Lone Rangers" and "Foot-binding" are representing the same sort of character