IELTS WRITING TASK 1: THE NUMBER OF TRAVELLERS USING THREE LARGE BRITISH AIRPORTS

thaovy1405 1 / -  

airport visitors 1998-2003

The given table compares and contrasts data on the changes in the total of travellers utilizing three large British flag carriers over a five-year timespan from 1998 to 2003.

It is apparent from the table that whilst all of the three categories enjoyed exponential growth, the figures for Gatwick were always the highest except in 2000.

Looking at the details, as regards Healthrow airport, it witnessed a surge in its data, overtaking the figure for the Gatwick airport in 2000 at 48.2 million. Having suffered a moderate downswing to 33.2 million in 2002, the figures then went through a remarkable increase, booming to 45.6 million a year later. Likewise, the Gatwick airport underwent a gradual rise in its data from 36.5 million in 1998 to 51.1 million in 2002, followed by a soar to 69.3 million in 2003.

With respect to the Stansted airport, its figure in 1998 constituted the lowest at 17.3 million. Having significant upswings between 1998 and 2001, the figures then remained unaltered, levelling off at 43.3 million from 2001 to 2003.

British flag carriers

Flag carriers are airlines. The reference points used are airports. Be careful with your references. You just created an error filled reference which means you misinformed the person reading your report. This lowers the TA score immediately.

overtaking the figure for the Gatwick airport

Which was? Use complete comparison data. When referred to in the chart, it must be included in the report. That is why it is mentioned, for report clarity and efficiency. You did that laterin the essay and it was one of the better informed sentence presentations. It was a good reference point for that comparison portion.

You have few errors in your presentation. The existing errors have score lowering results in the L.R. and Ct C sections though. Be very careful with your writing to avoid major errors like these.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1: THE NUMBER OF TRAVELLERS USING THREE LARGE BRITISH AIRPORTS