Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS essay : people prefer to live in a house OR to live in an apartment

gabbie 9 / 19 3  
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment

Nowadays, many people confront with dilemma when they buy their own home. Some people are greatly in favor of living in a house, while others contend that an apartment is more beneficial. I personally agree with notion that the advantages of living in a house outweigh the disadvantages.

First of all, it cannot be denied that the principal benefit of living in a house is the issue of privacy. Typically, if people live in a house, they will have more opportunity for peace and quiet that is always good for relaxation. Furthermore, it would be an ideal place for family to live in, especially a detached house with gardens, so that children can children can have a safe environment to play in instead of playing outside the pavement if they live in a tower block. It is often the case that numerous related- apartment accidents occurred, for example child dropped out of the window, due to the negligence of parent or the unsafe window's design. Another remarkable advantage of living in a house is that it offer ample space for every member in the family to do things for personal enjoyment such as workroom for father or kitchen for mother.Indeed, It obviously brings about the comfort and freedom for each individuals.

On the other hand, there can be no doubt that living in a house has negative aspects. The main drawback might be that the costs to purchase and maintain a house as well as amenities are so exorbitant. As a result, a majority of people choose to live in apartments because they cannot afford mortgage to buy their own house. More notably, it is sometimes suggested that if you love urban lifestyle, living in a house would not be a wise choice. Because of the rapid industrialization and burgeoning population in cities, there are fewer houses in cities than the countryside. Therefore, living in a house in a rural area would be extremely boring if you are young and fascinated by the modern lives. For example, enjoying Manhattan's lives by night from a high view in a skyscraper will be an amazing experience.

In conclusion, among a variety of options, whether to live in a cottage in the countryside or in a duplex in the city depends on people's interest and financial circumstances. Much as living in a house sometimes poses drawbacks, I still find its advantages are far greater than the disadvantages

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS essay : people prefer to live in a house OR to live in an apartment