[IELTS WRITING TASK 1] Percentage of households

sandy21709 1 / -  
This line graph shows the changing trends in the number of house items between 1995 and 1999. Overall, it is evident that all the numbers from five households increased over time.

At the start of the period, while washing machines dominated and reached almost 60 percent of house items, the other items had less than half. However, washing machines maintain their growth slightly, followed gradually by phones and computers. Compared to 1995 and 1999, the gap between washing machines and other items is getting smaller.

DVD players were leading behind the Internet in 1995 when DVD players decreased sharply until 1996 when the Internet increased and overtook DVD players. Both of their growths tended towards stability until 1998. The Internet exceeded DVD players and reached 40 percent, while the latter remained at 10 percent in 1999.

Nevertheless, the most significant change was seen in numbers coming from computers. Though it started in the fourth place, it increased dramatically over the years. The number of phones took the place of computers, which usually was in second place before 1998, reaching approximately 65 percent in 1999.

The line graph summary description is incomplete. To complete the presentation, you should include an enumeration of the 5 items that are listed in the line graph. That is to help the reader identify what items will comprise the analysis paragraphs later on.

Further review of your work shows that the trending statement is missing from the presentation. You immediately moved to the comparison presentation in the next paragraph, which negated the trending statement. The trending statement is more often than not integrated into the summary overview. Kindly remember to clearly indicate the trend in your next task 1 practice essay.

Consider extending your analysis paragraphs. These are too short and quickly presented. The image information was just presented to the reader. A clear analysis was not prioritized in the paragraph presentation. These should have equal importance
ruakahan 2 / 2  
The most important thing about task 1 is that you have to define correctly the overview. Are you confident enough to say that the number of that increased?
caohuyen93 4 / 8 1  
For the overview: I recommend you to look at the tendency of all keys, you should also be able to figure out the which key is the highest and which one is the lowest. I think you should include at least 2 key features in this part.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WRITING TASK 1] Percentage of households