[ IELTS WRITING TASK 1] The percentage of people going to the cinema once a month according to ages

haibinh20 1 / -  

cinema attendance by age

The chart illustrates how many people going to the cinema once a month according to different age range in Great Britain from 1985 to 2000.
Overall, there was an increase in the share of people watching movies in the cinema one time a month in all age group in Great Britain between 1985 and 2000, with the most significant rise examined in people who are from 15 to 24. In addition, 15-24 age group also had highest proportion through the period.

The percentage of the 15-24 age bracket started at 17%, after which it witnessed a considerable growth to 55% in 1999, before ending period at 59%. Similar changes can be seen in the proportion of 25-to-35-year-olds group, which increased significantly from 4% in 1984 to about 26% in 1994 and grew slightly to 31% in 2000.

Only about 1% people in the oldest band went to the cinema once a month in 1984, with a gradual rise to 15% at the end of period. Meanwhile, the share of 7-to-15-year-olds group experienced a 18% growth in 1999 from 10% at the begin of the period, followed by a mitigation to 31% in 2000.

You failed to do a complete identification of the image for the summary overview. You need to specify the type of graph for the reader to get a clear picture of the image representation. You need to describe it well in relation to the rest of the information because of that reason. By the way, you also need to avoid using long sentences in your presentation. Try to divide the information into at least 3 sentences to meet the coherence requirement of the presentation.

There is no real summary overview presented as you used reference data in that paragraph. The trending statement should only reference the movement of the measurement, without referring to specifics. Those are always presented in the analysis paragraphs.

Home / Writing Feedback / [ IELTS WRITING TASK 1] The percentage of people going to the cinema once a month according to ages