Present received from someone

thuthao19321 2 / 4  

a self-help book

On my latest birthday, I received a lovely present from my special friend. I was surprised at that time because he was far from me. It's a self-help book, which is one of the most famous books for the young people in Viet Nam. When I first saw it, I was impressed by its cover. It's simple with the blue color and the white title. This book has many stories and life experience of the author, which provides the knowledge, studying and how to interact with peolpe more intelligently. Therefore, it's strongly useful for the young, who has already finished high school education and come to the new steps of the life like me. I read it a lot of times and highly recommend it. I love reading books, so this book is one of my favourite presents I ever received before. Moreover, the friend who gave it to me is special to me. I will read it more and keep it carefully.
When you describe the book, you have to tell the reader the title of the book and who the author of the book is. That is part of the important information about the gift. You should have also, told the reader why you believe your special friend gifted you with that book. Was it a book that you wanted to buy but could not? Perhaps it is a right of passage book that every young man reads and uses as a guide to life in your country. You should have been more descriptive about the book. More information would have helped clarify the relationship of the book to you, your friend, and its importance. Perhaps a simple sentence about why your friend is special would have also helped to explain why he would have thought of giving you this book for your birthday. By the way, don't say "latest birthday". The correct phrase is "last birthday".

Home / Writing Feedback / Present received from someone