Home / Writing Feedback % width   Posts: 2

WRITING TASK 1 - PROCESS - THE PRODUCTION OF BEER

halinhislearning 3 / 4  
- The topic:
The diagram below shows the various stage involved in the production of beer.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevant.
- The essay:
The picture below illustrates the various steps of the beer production.
In general, there are eleven stages involved in the process. The first stage in the process is milling the malted barley. The process finishes with packaging the final product.
Firstly, malted barley goes through the milling stage. Subsequently, it is mashed with water in a tank. The liquid is lautered in a special tank, producing lautered liquid and spent grain for feeding of animals in the following stage. In the next step, the liquid has to be boiled with sugar and hops. Next, it is mixed in the whirlpool before going through cooling process.
Subsequently, the cooled liquid is fermented by adding yeast and carbon dioxide.Then, the fermented beer goes through maturing process in storage tanks. In the following stage, the matured beer goes through filtering process. Lastly, the final products are packaged in bottles or barrels or deliveried by trucks.

• eee1584156a19ea5ad87.jpg

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15252  
The picture below

There are 2 things wrong with this summary overview section. The first problem, is that the image is misidentified as a picture, which is not the correct alternative word for "diagram". A proper alternate identified would have been "illustrative drawing" or "procedural reference image". The other error is that the writer is referring to the position of the image on the page. The assumption for the task 1 essay is that the reader does not have access to the image and will not be able to see or refer to it as he reads the presentation. So there are 2 large point deductions mistakes in the first sentence of the first paragraph alone.

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1 - PROCESS - THE PRODUCTION OF BEER
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: