The proportion of accommodation types in the United Kingdom - data collected in 1985 and 2005

Ilmi_03 47 / 69 11  
The pie charts below show the percentage of housing owned and rented in the UK in 1985 and 2005.
Summarize the information by describing the main features of the charts and making comparisons where appropriate.

The pie charts compare the proportion of accommodation types in the United Kingdom which is collected in 1985 and 2005. Overall, it is noticeable that, there has been an increase of five million residences over a two-decade period. Furthermore, the number of council rented housing saw a negative trend while the other three cohorts experienced a considerable growth during the period.

In 1985, there was a significant proportion in the number of privately owned blocks, roughly 55 percent from 22 million homes. It inclined dramatically to approximately third-quarter of 27 millions twenty years later. On the other hand, the figure for council rented saw a sharp fall, from nearly 30 percent to 15 percent in 2005.

There was a huge gap between the percentage of social housing and privately rented houses initially. Social housing began at a very small number, at 5 percent, and 10 percent for privately rented groups. Then, both categories represented a fairly equal proportion, at one in ten, at the end of the time frame.

akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Ilmy..
Honestly, I am pleased to read your writing since you have shown to be better.
Please, you review my notes below well.

the United Kingdom which is collected in 1985 and 2005

THE UNITED KINGDOM COLLECTED IN TWO DIFFERENT YEARS; 1995 AND 2005.
you should omit "WHICH IS".
%

been an increase of five million residences

You are supposed to avoid mentioning the number in the overview. Turning to band descriptor, you could fall into the score band 5 because you recounted detail mechanically with no clear overview.

OVERALL, IT CAN BE OBVIOUSLY SEEN THAT A NUMBER OF RESIDENCES IN UK HAD INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY.
Don't be rigid to explain the information. I suggest you bring the data to reality matter.

In 1985, there was a significant THE HIGHEST proportion in FOR the number of privately owned blocks, roughly 55 percentfrom REGARDING AT OVER A HALF OF 22 million homes.

Ilmy, you are supposed to compare the figures. I have not found the sense of the comparison in the body paragraph.
THE NUMBER OF HOUSES IN THE UNITED KINGDOM HAD GROWN MARKEDLY BY 5 MILLION. IN 1985, THE NUMBER OF CITIZEN HAVING PRIVATELY OWNED BLOCKS SUCCESSFULLY BROKE A RECORD AS THE HIGHEST PROPORTION, REGARDING AT OVER A HALF OF 22 MILLION HOMES. MEANWHILE, THE PERCENTAGE OF COUNCIL RENTED HOUSES ONLY STATED AT LESS THAN TWO-FIFTH OF THE TOTAL. FOLLOWING NEXT TWO DECADES, THE FORMER HAD WITNESSED THE VAST INCREASE TO ALMOST ONE-FOURTH OF 27 MILLION HOUSES. HOWEVER, THE REVERSE TREND COULD BE SEEN FOR THE LATTER, REGARDING A DRAMATIC DECLINE TO BELOW 15%

Hopefully, you can consider my suggestions.
GOOD LUCK

Home / Writing Feedback / The proportion of accommodation types in the United Kingdom - data collected in 1985 and 2005