IELTS TASK 2: Studying the past can help us better understand present or not

ldlsky03 8 / 16 2  
Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us, but others think that studying the past can help us better understand the present. Discuss the two views and give your own opinion.

Every countries have different histories which flashback the period of their reconstruction. Some people believe that we cannot learn anything from history. Others, however, are of the opinion that by studying the past, we can understand the current world more wisely.

People who do not like studying history say that studying the past is a waste of time. In the currently fast pace, many developed technologies and numerous scientific products are invented which make the past no longer useful. Also, because of different periods, the successful of the previous time are hard to apply in the present, therefore, people frequently concern about the future rather than looking back the history.

However, the previous periods play an important role to help us acquire knowledge through useful experiences and enhance patriotic pride in each person. For example, history is one of the important subjects in Vietnamese education, which provide students about all famous battles and important invents of Vietnam as well as in some Asian and Western countries. Realizing how hard our ancestors are established through studying history, people will be more respectful of the peaceful world in which they are living.

To conclude, in my opinion, people need to understand and reserve history. This will contributed to build up a patriotic characteristic in each person which not only brings benefits for individuals but also to society at large.

Thanks for reading
huyentrang 2 / 9 2  
successful ==> success
i think you should have one paragraph to talk about your own opinion.
yucky 6 / 9 7  
Realizing how hard our ancestors (all their ancestors'sacrifices )are established through studying history, people will be more respectful of (treasure more) the peaceful world in which they are living.

nice essay , easy to understand but you will need to include more complex structures and vocabs if you want a higher band
Every countries

Every country / All countries

Every countries have different histories which flashback the period of their reconstruction.

... this sentence is very confusing. You need to rephrase it again. Try to tell your ideas in simple manner with known vocabulary. Do not complicate your ideas with too many serious words that you are not very sure about their usage.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Studying the past can help us better understand present or not