IELTS: Summarizing a Bar Graph (Population of Asian Elephants)

Jakurino 1 / -  
The graph illustrates the estimated population of Asian elephants in nine countries in 1997 and 2004.
India had the greatest population of animals throughout the period but also experienced a drop of over 30% to about 7400 animals in 2004. The second largest population of elephants could be seen in Myanmar where it declined from 5200 to 4600. This is a very small decline compared to the figures of Thailand, where the number of elephants fell by two thirds. A similar pattern could be seen in Malaysia. Here the number of animals decreased from 3000 to slightly over 1000. In Sri Lanka the population dropped by 10% to 2700 animals in 2004.

Cambodia was the only country to experience a growth in the population of Asian elephants. Here the number rose from 1300 to 1400. In Laos the population remained constant at 1600. Vietnam experienced a slight drop in the number of animals, while in China it halved.

Overall, in all countries except Cambodia and Laos there has been a decrease in the population of Asian elephants, with the most significant drops seen in Malaysia, Thailand and China.

eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
The graph illustrates the estimated maximum population of Asian elephants in nine countries in both 1997 and 2004

HereT he overall numbers in population rose from 1300 to 1400, a rise of 100 elephants in 7 years. Then, followed byin Laos where the population of elephants remained constantvirtually unchanged, at 1600.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Summarizing a Bar Graph (Population of Asian Elephants)