Even though organic fruits and vegetables are more expensive than conventional fruits and vegetables

foxdiem4u 1 / 1  
Even though organic fruits and vegetables are more expensive than conventional fruits and vegetables they are worth the extra cost.

Do you agree or disagree?

Natural and traditional foods are one of the most controversial types of food people nowadays argue about. Although the cost of organic food is more expensive than the conventional one, its benefits are worth every penny. In my opinion, I strongly agree with this notion.

Organic food has become increasingly popular in today's society. This means, if people consume organic food instead of traditional food, it will probably reflect positively on their health. For instance, a group of dietitians at Stanford University looked into the effect of natural foods on people's health. They found that people who consume this kind of food will probably be less vulnerable to many diseases, such as cancer and obesity, than people who eat conventional food. As a result, wisely, I believe that individuals should avoid eating unhealthy food and look for their health needs.

Furthermore, many individuals nowadays are shifting toward natural resources for food. This indicates that these people think about their health in a beneficial way leading them to a much more healthy life. For example, a recent report from the World Health Organization showed that conventional food could cause numerous diseases such as cancer and diabetes. Thus, the more people shift toward healthy food, the more they get rid of chemicals caused by man-made food.

In conclusion, I believe that everyone should consider the importance of our health. Eating healthy food and avoiding traditional food as much as possible is the key to living a healthy life. Instilling this concept in people will lead to a future of a much healthier generation.
Three errors in the prompt restatement section. All having to do with discussions that are not represented in the first presentation.

1. This is not referenced as a controversial type of food.
2. There is no representing argument statement
3. There is no emotional response requirement. A simple opinion statement would have sufficed.

These mistakes in task representation could very well result in a preliminary failing score since the restatement and opinion requirements were not properly met.

The writer did an excellentjob of defending his (incorrectly overstated) opinion. The discussion is both cohesive and coherent, which could offset the early failing score a bit.

As far as the concluding paraphrase is concerned, the writer did not provide one. Instead, a continuing discussion was provided, leaving the essay open ended. Simply saying " In conclusion" but not providing the correct type of conclusion means no closing summary was provided as required.
OP foxdiem4u 1 / 1  
By the way, this is an IELTS essay, so incorrectly overstated an opinion as far as I know it does not matter, please correct me as an IELTS writing evaluation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Even though organic fruits and vegetables are more expensive than conventional fruits and vegetables