[Toelf] idea or fact? which one is important

marmaria 10 / 30 5  
Do you agree or dis agree with the folowing statement?
It is important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. use specific reasons and examples to support your answere

************************
I would be glad if you help me about my essay
************************

Curiosity is a common characteristic of all the human beings. Since we were child we used to ask so many questions and we were not convinced so easily. "Why birds can fly? ", "why we cannot fly?", "Why the sky is blue", "where does the sun go during nights? ". These are examples which show we were seeking the truth and facts since we were children.

In my idea no one can hold information in their mind for a long time without really understanding them. Because anything that is not stuck in our minds, would be forgotten by time. While anything which is learned deeply by understanding the facts and the parameters affecting the issue, would not fade. A survey was conducted among fourth grade students in elementary. Most of the students did not like mathematics and find it really hard. The survey showed that when they were in the first grade, they learnt alphabet by memorizing the letters, so they get used to learn other lessons like mathematics in the same way. The important thing here is this: during their life every time they read or speak, they use alphabet in the concept of using language to communicate and thus using alphabet becomes a part of their lives. But mathematics remained a al a lesson which should be memorized rather than learnt, and as they went to upper grades, they were not be able to handle harder stuff of math by memorizing and so found it non sense.

Even this issue is more important in universities too. After graduation .students would go to get a job. But we all know that the stuffs we learn in university are really different with the problems we face in our careers. In order to handle those duties, we have to analyze the problems and compare the solutions to see which one overweighs and choose the best way. Also we should have the enough facts and knowledge to convince that the solution we suggest is true.

In conclusion, all of us are seeking for facts rather than concepts since we are child. But during the time this characteristics of most of us become passive. In my idea it is really crucial for students to understand the facts rather than concepts. It would help them to be more successful in school and workplace.
Since we were children we used to ask so many questions and we were not convinced so easily.

"Why birds can fly? ", "why we cannot fly?",

.... combine the two sentences to enhance its effect;
Why birds can fly and we cannot?

Well... you need to align your writing with your prompt. This introduction does not really introduce your topic to the reader.
In my idea no one can hold information in their mind for a long time without really understanding them

...very true...good point

Because anything that is not stuck in our minds, would be forgotten by time.

Because anything that is not convinced strongly would be forgotten as time passes by.

While anything which is learned deeply by understanding the facts and the parameters affecting the issue, would not fade

...."while" is a connector and therefor you need to combine another idea here. Otherwise your sentence would sound incomplete;
While anything that is learned with deep reasoning and understanding the concepts would not fade away soon, the things that have been merely memorized would have a very short stay in our memory.

Home / Writing Feedback / [Toelf] idea or fact? which one is important