Topic: Fast food and taxing it higher

Phamnhi 1 / -  
Which band score is my essay?

In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food.
It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Health issues are closely associated with people's consumption of fast food so that a higher tax on this kind of food is suggested as a good measure. Personally, I completely disagree with this view.

In my opinion, a higher tax might play no role in improving the situation if people don't have awareness of protecting their health as well as having knowledge of the consequences of eating too much fast food. Take me as an example, m weight is rising every year as I have a habit of eating after 10 p.m and whenever I feel hungry. Therefore, it is highly important in your endeavor to improve your health by keeping yourself away from unhealthy food.

Another reason for government should not impose a higher tax on junk food is because it would be a financial problem for people who earn less. Sometimes, hamburgers or processed food are familiar to poor workers due to their cheap prices. Junk food helps them not only save time but also have more hours at work as they don't have much time to prepare a nourishing meal. Thus, instead of raising the tax, the government can reduce the amount of food produced in the sale market every day. Besides, introducing healthy food through social media or by doing propaganda are also good ways to limit fast food consumption.

In conclusion, I disagree with the view that government should impose a higher tax on fast food because I believe that there is more than one way to make the situation better.
The writer clearly understood the given discussion and offered a clear opinion, ably supported by explanation paragraphs. Both paragraphs represent good discussion points in support of the writer's opinion. There is just a slightpresentation problem in the personal experience reference. The writer neglected to clearly mention his fast food diet, which should not be confused with junk food as there are some healthy fast-food offerings such as pre-made salads and vegetable with meat sandwiches, such as those sold in vending machines or fast food restaurants, and food trucks or hawkers. These are the fastfood references in this essay. To further strengthen the conclusion, a 2-3 sentence setup is needed. Repeat the 2 most important supporting reasons quickly to complete the concluding summary.

* Contact us for private scoring services.

Home / Writing Feedback / Topic: Fast food and taxing it higher