IELTS TASK 2: A higher tax on fast food to tackle the health problems

aflah15 32 / 18 4  
In some countries an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. it is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Today's issue is a large consumption of fast food. Since majority of people are grieving from sickness as a consequence of overeating junk food, some people argue that enhancement of taxes on convenient diet should be applied by governments, but nevertheless it is not the most appropriate measurement. It is agreed that other methods such as persuasive communication and preventive education will be more effective.

Practical food plays an essential role in human's lifestyle, it is inevitable for everyone. However, it causes any medical problems, like obesity, high cholesterol, and hearth disease. One of tactical solution Is increasing the tax since it encourages people to buy other food which have a lower price. As a result, some consumers alter their life's menu and limit their consumption of junk food, although it does not show a noticeable change. Accustoming a new habit on diet requires more serious efforts, most people just fight in several week, then they back to their previous attitudes. Therefore, locating a more expensive product is not the long term way to cut the number of fast food consumption.

Due to the fact that teenagers are the predominant consumers of fast food, a British newspaper showed that the main cause is they have a great opportunity and high desire to purchase and try sorts of unhealthy dishes. The price is not the essential aspect determining their choices on food, but their knowledge about the dangerous of convenient food is the most essential aspect. Presenting an interactive parents-children discussion and providing the real comprehension by showing any attractive figures of their body which are attacked can realize students successfully.

All in all, it is clear that junk food affects human's health. Even though the government put a higher price on fast food, people still consume this diet. It would be better if people are taught about the drawbacks of fast food frequently and regularly in interesting ways.
erin24 12 / 13  
One of tactical solutionsIis increasing the tax since ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: A higher tax on fast food to tackle the health problems