Turning 13 - special occassion essay

willa 1 / -  

Turning 13 - special occassion essay

Turning 18 is a special occasion for an individual when a lot of changes happen. One of those can be mentioned as going to a completely new study environment: college. Regarding teenagers in this phase which they embark be responsible for each of their decisions, one important thing they have to take into account: moving out or living with their parents. People have different views on which one is better; personally, I argue that both of them have advantages and disadvantages. This essay will shed the light on both decisions.

On the one hand, college students who lean toward staying close to their parents can be rid of a great number of burdens. It's apparent that those students don't have to take the housing cost seriously as they linger in their parent's house. In addition, by opting for remaining the casual life, these students' lives will not be messed up, including bills and pieces of stuff like managing the house. Therefore, they will have more time to focus on their majors rather than unrelated things. Another benefit worth noticing is the healthcare issue. The circumstance in which those college educators go down with some kind of disease, it's will be such a relief for both parents and students as they can rely on others. The likelihood of terrible situations such as emergencies is less likely to take place.

On the other hand, it is also indicated that living alone has many potential outcomes as the throughout care of parents might cause reliance and passivity, and hamper students on the road to completing themselves. By being dependent on parents, students are freer and more active to experience new things, broadening their horizons, and unlocking their hidden talents. The notion of stepping into the unknown might sound scary, however, it is supposed to stand college students in good stead to accomplish further success. Moreover, by living independently, students have a chance to learn those soft skills (managing the house, problem-solving skills, teamwork, socializing) from their real experiences in the so-called "life school". As you are aware, besides the rigid skills including what students are taught in the universities, soft skills are elements that play an important role in shaping out the personality of individuals.

All in all, I totally understand why many people opine that college students should live with their parents for the best condition serving their educational path. However, I would argue that playing it safe doesn't always mean good. Therefore, living by single can pave the way for those educators to many incredible innovations, and failure is an inherent part of life.
This is an extremely long essay that cannot be completed within 40 minutes. You have chosen to overdiscuss the issue rather than focus on the quality of your work. Congratulations, you proved that you can type a lot of English words but, that does not mean that you wrote a quality paper that would result in a positive score for you. Your prompt restatement + opinion paragraph is too long. It should only be about 3 sentences.

The rest of the paragraphs, you could have said more with less words. The examiner is not after the word count, he is after your ability to write quickly and clearly. English schools have this tendency to require their students to get straight to the point with their oral and written statements. You have a problem doing that.
lilikim 3 / 5  
I think you wrote a bit too long. However, I've learnt a lot from yours

Home / Writing Feedback / Turning 13 - special occassion essay