Write a short story about a meal at a Thai restaurant

daivinhtran1993 3 / 10 2  
I'm a non-native English speaker, so I never feel confident on my essay. Please give some feedback :)...Thanks

It is not the norm for me to visit a large variety of restaurants or for me to write a restaurant review. However, after dining at Thai Lotus for the first time, I was invigorated to write one.

It was just a typical weekend. My family left for another vacation. There was no food, so I decided to attempt the food at a restaurant I had never ventured to before. As I opened the glass door, two greeters gave me a warm smile and led me to a table with only two chairs. They gave me the menu and waited for me to decide my order.

As a side note, I do not order food if the names are unfamiliar. However, Thai Lotus gives matching pictures with all of the selections. Therefore, even if I was unsure, I could observe the corresponding image and choose from there.

As all Thai food lovers know, most Thai restaurants have Thai tea. Seeing as it is one of my favorite drinks, I ordered it. Then I turned to Thai traditional food pages. I was not surprised when all the foods look unfamiliar to me. However, those pictures made me want to give it a try. After scanning the pictures, I picked the one which looked like noodles. Its name was Pad Thai. Then the waiter asked if I wanted my Pad Thai to be spicy or not spicy. They have a spicy range from 1 to 5, and I chose 2. Next, she asked me if I want to order anything else. I shook my head no, so she gave a smile and said "Thank you!"

While waiting for my order, I looked around and noticed there were not only Asian people in the restaurant, but all races. I got more impressed when I found out I was the only Asian customer at that time in the Asian restaurant.

After about only 10 minutes my Pad Thai and Thai tea were all ready. The waiter served it and said, "I hope you have a good meal," with a soft voice. I sipped my tea first. It was sweet but not too sweet. Then I started eating the Pad Thai. Wow! I typically do not like spicy food, but I loved it. It looked like noodles but when I tasted it, it was not noodles at all. The dish needed more peanuts, so I asked for some and I was graciously given more peanuts. It was delicious. After I finished I, ordered two more Pad Thai entrees to go to eat for the next day because my family would not be back in the next two days.

I do not remember exactly how much the check was, but I am sure it was below $20. I gave them $20 bill and they gave me some change back. So, my three orders of Pad Thais and one Thai tea cost below $20. It was super cheap.

It was my first time, but of course not my last time. I came back with my friends and family. My last birthday was celebrated at Thai Lotus too. Since that day, Thai Lotus has become a place where I go in whenever I am hungry.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi, your paper sounds really great :) I have a few suggestions.

This might sound better: It is rare for me to visit restaurants or write reviews on them. Since I dined at Thai Lotus for the first time, I was inspired to write my first review.

It was just a typical weekend. My family left for another vacation.
This might sound better: "On a typical weekend, my family went out of town, leaving me to choose my own meals."

They gave me the menu and waited for me to decide on my order.

Therefore, even if I was unsure, I could observe the corresponding image and choose from there.decide if it was appealing.

Seeing asBecause it is one of my favorite drinks, I ordered it.

However, those pictures made me want to give it a try.

You could also say this: "The delicious looking dishes in the pictures inspired me to try something new."
, I was invigorated to write one.

I felt I should write a review on them.

There was no food, soand I decided to attempttry the food at a restaurant I had never venturedvisited to before.

There was no food at home and I decided to explore the dishes at a new restaurant.

As I opened the glass door, two greeters gave me a warm smile and led me to a table with only two chairs. They gave me the menu and waited for me to decide my order.

.... I feel you don't have to be too very descriptive when you write a review. You must describe moments that you feel worth commenting about such as warm welcome, but not the procedure there.

As I entered the restaurant I was showered with a very warm welcome by the staff.

Home / Writing Feedback / Write a short story about a meal at a Thai restaurant