Youth Drug Abuse topic - Causes - effects and possible recommendations

Hung Arsenal 3 / 2 3  
It's widely accepted that modern society has created huge benefits for young people, through a wide range of communication vehicles and infinite information on the internet. However, it's also generated some global issue and many people would take "youth drug abuse" as a typical example. Since this issue is quite serious, deeper analysis about its causes and effects are required to enlighten the situation.

The distinct insight motives behind this action are still debated heatedly among sociologists; however most of them are unanimous in supporting the notion that "Huge expectations from society and family" is the main factor. Many young people admit that they find it's hard to live up to their parents' requirements and feel a sense of hopelessness. Therefore, using drug to them is an effective method to release stress and to re-balance in life. In addition, it's believed that examples set by the elders plays an important role on youth's behavior toward using drugs. Parents who drink and smoke to excess are, in effect, telling their children that drug abuse is acceptable. Consequently, children may have a similar view about illegal drugs, despite the fact that their parents are against their uses.

The effects of drug abuse are well known. First, both physical and mental stability are affected. Loosing concentration ability, self-control is difficult and having sluggish feeling are typical consequences. Second, drug abusers tend to have social problems. Since they got addicted to drugs, hardly can they spend sufficient time for social activities; results in a loose community string and they would be left out afterward.

To fight with this issue, the following recommendations need to be considered. First and foremost, the pressures on young people need to be reduced. Second, the authorities must take drastic measures in controlling the current ubiquitous supply of drugs; more severe policies must be issued in parallel to penalize those suppliers who break the rule. Last but not least, strengthen the communication process to educate young people about the dangers of drug use. All these activities must be taken seriously in an effort to avoid the situation get worse.
KMeghji 8 / 20 7  
The distinct insight motives behind this action

The different motivations behind youth's involvement with substance abuse..

Home / Writing Feedback / Youth Drug Abuse topic - Causes - effects and possible recommendations