Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Tension between Nature and Civilization in "Blue Winds Dancing" and "The Bear"

Haneesh 1 / -  
Hello,
This is supposed to be a three part essay that compares the effects of the tension between nature and civilization on the main characters of "The Bear" by William Faulkner and "Blue Winds Dancing" by Tom Whitecloud.

I really don't know where to begin. I know nature is seen as the enemy in "The Bear" while civilization is negative in "Blue Winds Dancing," and nature is positive in "Blue Winds Dancing" while civilization is positive in "The Bear," but can't come up with a good thesis.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I really can't pay the 5 dollars, so any reply (any) would be great.
Ha, yeah, civilization protects us against nature, but who is going to protect nature against civilization?

One type of conflict a story can have is "human against nature." Yet, environmentalists will tell you that nature needs to be protected against civilization.

So your job is to read passages and also read some analyses of each book -- analyses by other people... and really enjoy it. If you can enjoy the depth of the discussion, you will have an insight come to mind. That's the thing that is worth sharing in the form of a PARAGRAPH TOPIC SENTENCE.

Let's see what you come up with... : )
Google this: how to write paragraph topic sentence.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single paragraph topic sentence." -- ancient Chinese saying.

Home / Book Reports / Tension between Nature and Civilization in "Blue Winds Dancing" and "The Bear"