Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 9

Masters in food and consumer safety / packaging - Research title

afshan 1 / -  
hello.
i am having difficulty in getting a proper title for my research project. i am doing my masters in food and consumer safety.
mariah 3 / 5  
Are you doing it on the American food industry? or just personal safety in say,a kitchen?

if you are going the first route, you may try
"An American obsession unconsidered"

if the second
"Behind the labels" or "Does the expiration date really matter?"

I hope any of that helped :)
Are you trying to come up with a title before writing the paper? That is never easy. You need to come up with a focus for the thesis paper before coming up with a title. Your job right now is to read at least 10 articles written about food/consumer safety -- recent articles from the past 10 years -- and look at what they are focusing on. some articles will have a review of literature, which contextualizes their topic. The context described in lit reviews of recent articles will also be the context for your article. You need to find a place within this area of expertise that requires more research.

I recommend John Cresswell's books about research methods. Read a little about research methods and a lot aout what is going on in your field, and decide what contribution you want to make.

When you know your paper's focus, coming up with a title is fun and easy.
thetruth - / 2  
Food Safety: Food Packaging (thesis statement)

Many consumers tend to favor food packaged in plastics, but since they contain hormonally active compounds that are leaked into our food, safety regulators are putting more focus on American consumption.

Is this a strong thesis statement?
bellamic000 1 / 7  
If your essay is about the focus on american consumption placed by satety regulators, then yes.
thetruth - / 2  
It's on food Safety in America, but I chose to write on how our food is packaged.
It is a little too simple and obvious. A good thesis statement should be arguable. That means it expresses an idea that can be a little controversial, so that some people would not agree. Otherwise, if no one would disagree, then why write about it?

So... after you write some body paragraphs about some articles you read, you will have something more specific to say, and it will be arguable.

:-)
gie - / 1  
The best idea for the dissertation topic about Food Packaging

Hello.
I'm new for this forum. I am in need of purposing the idea for my dissertation. I'm in graphic design major.
The topic that I want to discuss is about Food Packaging, but I still confuse what I want to write for this topic.
Can you help me to find some ideas? I am new in this dissertation and english is my second language.

I have some ideas, but don't know whether it's good or not,
- food packaging for obesity
- role of food packaging to consumerism

Thanks.
How about targeting consumers through food packaging, like the use of bright colors to attract children, a picture of wheat, or a heart, to attract people who are making healthy choices, etc?

Home / Dissertations / Masters in food and consumer safety / packaging - Research title