You have had an accident and can't go to your friend's party. Write a card to your friend

DeZhi 1 / 3  

How to approach those essay questions?

Please help me with an example
You have had an accident and can't go to your friend's party. Write a card to your friend. In your card you should

-Describe how the accident happened
-Say how you are now
-Suggest when you could meet again
About 35-45 words
rada091146 - / 1  
Dear....
Thank you for your invitation, but I really sorry to say that I can't go to your party since I have had an accident 3 days ago, my leg was broken.However, I feel better, but still can't go to your party. I hope we will meet each other as soon as possible.

Grammar might be incorrect, sorry for that. I hope this example will help your writing.
OP DeZhi 1 / 3  
@rada091146
thank you
Hi Jolene,

I went skiing last weekend on the advanced trail. I lost control of my skis, fracturing my ankle. I cannot walk for a month. I will not be able to attend your upcoming party. I'll see you at your next party instead.

Keep the letter short but informative. Each sentence must move the letter forward by adding more and more information until you have responded to every instruction in the list, per sentence. Bear in mind that it will be difficult to write the letter, in a proper informative format within only 30-45 words. You will need to use most of your time editing and revising the letter. So make it a quickly written letter. Use the rest of the 20 minutes to review your work against the instruction requirements. That is the only way that you can be sure you have written the right kind of letter, without focusing on the word count alone. Just because you met the word count does not mean you provided all of the prompt requirements. Always check your work against the instructions so the proper corrections or additions can be made before the time is up.
OP DeZhi 1 / 3  
Thank you a bunch

In your example, i changed your skiing activity by another activity such as play football and then fracture my ankle. Do you think that's suitable ?

And in this sentence "I lost control of my skis, fracturing my ankle" i don't understand what kind of grammars that you used in the second clause " fracturing my ankle", why you used Verb-ing, can you explain me about it ?

Home / Essays / You have had an accident and can't go to your friend's party. Write a card to your friend