An Animal Encounter. that is my topic for my essay that the Professor assigned.

hitosura22 1 / 1  
I must write a Descriptive essay on an encounter i have had with an animal. but what i do not understand is that i must have a work cited page. How do i site a paper that is based on something i have encountered and nobody else has if this information is coming only from me? please help. i tried asking my professor on what he meant but he said he was going to put an example on his page. which he did not at all. please someone help me understand what he means thank you in advance
dontlook7 - / 6  
Obviously, I'm not exactly sure what he means, but maybe you could include some facts on the animal you're talking about.
For example, I am extremely afraid of opossums, so I may include some stats on how many are in my region, how often they attack humans (which is probably never), and how many have rabies.

If I were discussing spiders, I'd probably throw in some information about how venomous they were.

Legitimize your experience. By that I mean, if you liked that puppy, write about the nature of that breed (and cite it).

Hope that helps.
OP hitosura22 1 / 1  
Wow that sounds like a great idea thanks a lot for the idea. i appreciate it :)
How do i site a paper that is based on something i have encountered and nobody else has if this information is coming only from me?

Good question!

Sounds like the prof is not good at explaining things, and that is not a good quality in a professor.

Great idea from Camy...

Yes, think of the animal you want to write about, and then find some articles about the animal.

When you describe the scene, Google this: what are imagery words?

And Google this: why should I use action verbs?

Show us what you write! I'll help make sure you cited the article correctly.

Home / Essays / An Animal Encounter. that is my topic for my essay that the Professor assigned.