I have this task to do, and it asks me for the Thesis of the source text?? ideas Any comment is (y)

sureme 1 / 1  
Describe and explain the thesis of the source text. Include examples to illustrate your understanding.

I have a source and I need to describe/explain the Thesis..? what does this exactly mean I do not know where to start? any help is appreciated thank you.
NoBeesHere 1 / 1 1  
I think that it is asking you to find the main theme of the source, and write a sentence in your own words describing the big idea of it.
Taij, do you have an assigned reading for this task? You need a reading assignment in order to complete the instructions. Basically, you are being asked to perform an opinion review of the article. That means, you must read the article thoroughly and take notes regarding the topic of the article, the purpose of the article, and the important information it contains. Those three elements that I indicated create the thesis of the source text. The discussion that you will be making regarding it should include examples or in-text citations of the important points of the essay that can help to better explain your opinion. Your presentation of the thesis will also need examples either from the text or your personal life in order to show that you understand the thesis presentation and you are able to accurately discuss it in writing. So prepare to read the assigned text a number of times in order to complete the assignment.
OP sureme 1 / 1  
Hi! Thank you so much! Made everything easier!

So basically once I figured out the topic of the article (e.g. its about technology), purpose (e.g. what its trying to say) and the important I should just write a couple points, explain it and give my opinion followed by an example from the article or real life?

Really appreciate the help!
Taij, that is correct. You have to make sure that you thoroughly understand the article before you start working on it though. I suggest that you read through the article around 6 times. Writing notes with each read so that you are sure that you have not missed any crucial points of the argument that should be presented in your response paper. In the thesis statement, do not offer any examples or quotes from within the article. Save those for the 2nd -4th paragraphs. Do not include any quotes or new information in your 5th paragraph. That should only contain your concluding statement. When you are done with your draft, post the essay in this thread so that we can properly review the content and help you improve certain areas if necessary.

Home / Essays / I have this task to do, and it asks me for the Thesis of the source text?? ideas Any comment is (y)