Discuss conflict between those who advance systems of thought and those who question totalizing...

Lyn02 1 / 1  
Essay Question: It can be argued that it is possible to sort major writers from the Puritan period to the late nineteenth century into two groups: those who advance particular doctrines and systems of thought, and those who question or critique those doctrines or who suspect any systematic or totalizing view of the world. Discuss this conflict between those who advance systems of thought and those who question totalizing views of the world.

I'm just looking for external opinions on how to go about writing this essay.
Nahid87 12 / 17 7  
I really tried hard to chose on side, but it was so confusing. I think, both sides are essential to progress in a specific field. First, World need new thoughts and inovatives to create and discovery new fields and things. That is the exactly task that scientists do. However, for completing an idea, it should be questioned and be challenged for detection its weakness and failures.
OP Lyn02 1 / 1  
I don't think we're supposed to just pick one side, but explore both. I'm just not sure where to start with this.

Further information: The point of this essay is the examin the tension in colonial and 19th century American Lit. that reflect the conflict between writers who present narrow visions of America or writers who questions such visions. We must explore the different voices and version seeking to define America in the early 19th century.

Home / Essays / Discuss conflict between those who advance systems of thought and those who question totalizing...