"Driving Under the Influence" - Thesis

bezabee98 4 / 7  
Instruction - subject is given write the thesis

subject -Driving under the influence

Thesis- Driving under the influence is very dangerous and can lead to serious accidents that lead to physical or mental handicap

Subject- college internship

Thesis- internship are the best ways for a student to gain expericne while in school

Subject- Bus system
Thesis- Bus systems should change their arrival time because lots of ppl are being latte for thier work
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Driving under the Influence"

very dangerous" is very ambiguous

besides serious accidents, physical or mental handicaps, it "can also" lead to something else worth mentioning; death

can lead"

Walking outside on the sidewalk can lead to physical handicap and death. I like to leave open the possibilities on matters which are uncertain myself. But you chose this topic expressly as "driving under the influence." We don't talk about driving under the influence because driving under the influence is something that you can do to pass the time on road trips and OH BY THE WAY, IT CAN LEAD TO PHYSICAL HANDICAP. See where I'm going with this?

Unless driving under the influence has some casual use to you, unbeknownst to me, the only reason we are talking about it is because it increases your risk of getting into an accident and being injured or dying.

It's important to understand context.

Imagine you are talking to your friends who "drive under the influence" all the time and think of it as like a hobby or something. You tell them, "driving under the influence", which they think is a hobby, "can lead" to death.

That would work. They are innocent to our definition, our construct of what driving under the influence is.

We operate under a particular, imposed definition of what "driving under the influence" means.

So you must assert very strongly, in specific terms, something about driving the influence as we perceive it. It must take into account OUR perception to be effective.

Our perception of the subject of your thesis actually says more than your thesis itself. That's very weak.

You must consider what makes the assortment of words drving/ under/ the/ influence, a subject in and of itself. Why isn't "licking lollipops by the pool" a valid subject?

You need to put yourself in other people's shoes, imagine yourself in their position.

What do they think? What do they feel? How do they feel? What are their motivations? How do they think? Why do they think that way? etc etc etc

Analyze people critically, answer some basic questions. It will help you become a stronger, better apt person who can understand and cope, if not deal with almost any situation imaginable.

That's my best recommendation, above and beyond tying your shoelaces.
Yeah, it would be good to write things that are more specific. You could argue a specific point related to the broad subject: "Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a crime for which the punishments should be more severe."

For the internships, you could write something more specific, too. It depends on what articles you read. You might find an article that says that internships give students unrealistic ideas about the field they are going into... and then you might read another article that says it is the ONLY way to have a realistic idea about the field... and depending on which article seemed to ring true, you would argue a specific, "narrow" thesis.

For the one about buses, you should say what city you are talking about, and then you will need to find out all about statistics... about when people have to arrive at work, etc.. That would be hard to find out!! :)
You could narrow your theses if you wanted to, and would probably have to if you were writing a shorter essay on the topics. But if the assignment is to just list theses for topics, then most of the one's you have are focused and debatable enough that they should serve your purpose. You might want to take Mustafa and Kevin's advice on the drinking under the influence one, though. Also

"Bus systems should change their arrival time because manylots of people are beingarriving late for their work"

Home / Essays / "Driving Under the Influence" - Thesis