I Need Help in the "Literature" Type of Essay

alashmori 4 / 9  
Greeting!!

Literature is the type of essay for this month. In fact I do not have any idea how to writ it. What I know about this type of writing is can it be creative or personal.

Now I want your experience to tell me how can I writ this kind of essay. As you know I did not know how to recognize writing the two types of literature.

Thanks...
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

In a literature, or literary, essay, you will evaluate a piece of literature. You'll write about its themes, subtext, and other elements. You may criticize it or write about the author, as well. Normally, one thinks of a creative essay as one which is fictional; the author makes up a story. A personal essay would be one about your own life.

If you could give me more detail about your specific assignment--such as pasting in the assignment instructions, if your teacher gave you written instructions--I might be able to help you more.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP alashmori 4 / 9  
Greeting

Actually, what the teacher gave me is a picture and asked to write a literary essay one is creative and the other is personal. Although the teacher gives the idea but it makes me so confuse when I start writing.

The problem is that when the teacher gives the picture I do not know if I should mention the view for the picture or just imagine and write my opinion and creative story

Thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

My suggestion would be that you write it the way that seems right to you. If you are supposed to be creative, you don't want to inhibit your creative thoughts by worrying too much about whether it's right. A creative essay might talk about the colors and shapes of the picture, perhaps using metaphors to describe it. A personal one, I would think, would be how the picture affects you. Just start writing and see what happens--getting started is the hardest part!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP alashmori 4 / 9  
Greeting!!

Thanks for u help sarah and i will try to do better

thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
You're welcome! It's all about learning! :-)

Sarah

Home / Essays / I Need Help in the "Literature" Type of Essay