I need help writing my admission essay, how to start it? Rutgers University

porshia 1 / 1  
Rutgers University is a vibrant community of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. How would you benefit from and contribute to such an environment? Consider variables such as your talents, travels, leadership activities, volunteer services, and cultural experiences.
mobius29er - / 2  
When I wrote my college essay I wrote about all the traveling I have done, how I moved around often when I was growing up and was able to benefit from seeing how people act in different parts of the country.

For my second I described my goals and what I was wanting to do with my life. I also wrote about what I was going to get from going to that university and what I could give back.

Good luck you'll do great.
hasnaahmed 3 / 21  
Don't worry to much about what to write. You can make something general very special.
Like if you have the talent of playing guitar start by saying about the pleasent music of guitar and then describe your talent. Somerimes the topic is write beside you but you don't really see it. They don't want anything special from you. They want how you make your story special.

Best of luck.
sound10kp 5 / 12  
I had the same topic and I started mine with my experience of being in a diverse situation.
It can be working with a diversity of people, having a diversity of friends and etc.
Then you can develop your essay into describing who you are as a person and tell them about you.
And finish it telling by what you can contribute to Rutgers' diverse comminity.
Hope it helped!
cfghjkl 1 / 3  
Theres not much to these essays besides simply telling your life experiences in my opinion. Say what you feel.
ammonia32 1 / 11  
Porsia, if you have not already started your essay, i would like you to put this in mind. There is something unique about everyone. In everything you do, you leave something that shows your "touch". Just search within yourself and find out the unique way you do any normal thing and let the reader see how you stongly you feel about that thing. The truth is your essay has to look exceptional and the only way you can do that is either let a normal thing seem exceptional, or an exceptional thing seem normal. I will advice you to go for the former because it gives a startling effect.
How would you benefit from and contribute to an environment that is full of diversity (i.e. varied backgrounds and experiences)? Maybe you can write about places you have been, and experiences with different cultures. In fact, the topic is so broad and inclusive that you could probably write about almost any subject that is meaningful to you and use the intro paragraph to explain how it has to do with your "backgrounds and experiences."
OP porshia 1 / 1  
Thank you guys so much for helping everybody helped me
thank you so much
cmcy1010 1 / 2  
just be honest, it's great if you have been to different places and done lots of different things, but everybody is different,get the most of your life now matters the most.
snowc1b 2 / 6  
Just go with what you think will help you get in. Try to be real about it but whatever improves your application is what you want to write.

Home / Essays / I need help writing my admission essay, how to start it? Rutgers University