What is the importance of education (the fall in the number of University applicants)

Guest /  
So I have a college admission essay to write and I'm really struggling because we don't do these in England for our universities. The topic is:

"Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you."

The issue I have chosen is the fall in the number of University applicants and I want to talk about the importance of education. I can't think of many strong points to make and I really need something to get me started.. any suggestions are much appreciated!! Thank you!
yihrenliu 1 / 14  
It would work a lot better if you chose a personal concern and its importance to you, because you can write a much more moving and emotional essay instead of a report! Just suggesting. England doesn't do personal statement essays?! Makes me want to apply hahahha...
OP Guest /  
Thank you! I took your advice and decided not to go with this, maybe I could use your help on my new topic? lol. I would really appreciate it. But yeah.. thanks for suggesting that. And yeah we do, but they are SO much easier to write, it's more like you trying to make yourself look good. Explaining why you are an ideal undergrad etc.. and you only have to write one!
musa - / 1  
what are the importance of education in 21st century? I NEED HELP 500 word essay

what are The Importance of Education in the 21st century ? 500 word
alienapple - / 1  
One point you can expand on: Education is a vehicle for social mobility.
While prejudice still exists... in the 21st century you have a better chance of moving up the social ladder if you have a good education. In the US there's often affirmative action and additional aid to students who come from disadvantaged situations. If you really study and prove that you want to make a difference in the world, an education will take you places.

Or you can talk about education more in the general sense.. like 'knowledge.' It's always good to aim to understand more things, educated people are the key to progress, the more you know the more informed your decisions are, etc.

I hope that gives you some ideas!

Home / Essays / What is the importance of education (the fall in the number of University applicants)