My journey as a chubby ballet dancer - the Georgia Tech essay question

lauxxx 1 / -  
Leadership, service and progress - The motto of Georgia Tech.

Would it be bad if I story tell my journey as a chubby ballet dancer who thrived and became the class leader and lost 10kgs in the meantime or should my essays be strictly about academics (highly motivated student who never missed class and would stay during recess time to help other students with their math?) and work experience (I do not have work experience as in my country it is not common for teenagers to work while studying.)

I would like to transfer to Georgia Tech for research opportunities about the development of Smart Cities.

Thank you in advance for reading my inquiry.
okorobiadimma14 6 / 82 50  
Laura, unfortunately it is not in my power to advise you on whether to draft an academic or a non-academic essay. Of course all essays serve better when they tell a story. Just develop your essay in response to the prompt given by Georgia Tech and then post your draft, as well as the prompt, here. As soon as you do that, I guarantee you that we would be able to assist you in creating a draft that would serve best for whatever purpose it is meant for. Right now, you just have to put pen on paper; write passionately in response to the essay prompt and then let us see what you have.
az23 5 / 13  
I agree with Okoye. I also think that writing your story of weight lost etc. alone would be too far from the prompt. So, you may want to include the story in support of the academic part.

Home / Essays / My journey as a chubby ballet dancer - the Georgia Tech essay question