Opening a strong introduction for an essay? Personal view of the importance of communication

Samuelsam123 12 / 46 20  
May I know how do I form a strong introduction for an essay ? My opening is not quite good.

For example : Write a personal view of the importance of communication in the world today.

Can somebody give me an example introduction ?

Thanks very much !
Dawn01 19 / 33  
Hi Samuelsam123,
This community is a an interactional space in which people revise essays , give advice and provide feedbacks. There's no room for the sluggy (No offence). No one would help you by writing a whole paragraph. It's critical that you assume your responsibility and make an effort then we will all be glad to help you.

What can I say is that your introduction must acts like a map for your essay's readers. It should give necessary background or contextual information for your topic, as well as present your thesis statement. A good introduction addresses the "what," "why," and "how" of your topic: What is your essay going to discuss? Why is it important or useful? How are you going to argue your point? It can seem a bit intimidating at first, but with some good preparation and a little hard work, you can write a great introduction.

Good luck!!!
BLisa - / 12 6  
Hi samuelsalam123,

to make great an introductory paragraph, you should know that it consist of two elements:

Building sentence- introduce the topic and provide background information about the thesis statement.
You should make an eye-catching sentence which attract the attention of the reader or the original text is impressive. Probably from a quotation or your own sentence.

Thesis statement - present the topic, writer's opinion, and the main ideas of the essay.

Your essay topic : the importance of communication in the world today
Writers opinion : why you think the communication is important, and
add your arguments (main ideas ).

Happy writing ;)

Home / Essays / Opening a strong introduction for an essay? Personal view of the importance of communication