The Origins of Capitalism? Need help with Essay Thesis

fullchaotic 1 / -  
I'm writing an essay for my Business and Society Course and after hours of thinking cannot compose a proper thesis for my paper, I would truly appreciate any input for a thesis I could write about.

Essay Topic: Origins of Capitalism
Did capitalism emerge in the city or the countryside? What 'social property relations'
were necessary for the development of capitalism? Why did they develop in agrarian
communities? How do these differ from pre-capitalist relations according to Wood?
How did relations between 'appropriators' and 'producers' become so market
dependent?

I must incooperate all the answers to these questions, plus the ideology of Karl Marx, Adam Smith and Ellen Wood and their ideology's of Capitalism. The direction of the essay is that Capitalism emerged from feudal societies originating from countrysides of England.
Dave, I believe that there is a student here on EF who is also working on this essay of the ideology of Karl Marx, in order to come up with a well written and strong essay, first things first;

- research, take a little bit of data gathering and information to support your essay
- the topic that you have, Origins of Capitalism, is rather a broad and in depth analysis of capitalism
- incorporating the idea and origins of capitalism with that of the German ideology is quiet a sensitive topic so be very objective in your essay

Having said that, do a healthy comparison of your draft, when you have one, with that of the other students, this should give you some insights to make your essay better.

Lastly, write your opinion, remember to be objective, on the subject matter and what you think of capitalism in general.

I wish to see your essay posted here on EF so we can assist you further.

Home / Essays / The Origins of Capitalism? Need help with Essay Thesis