Phi Theta Kappa, an international honors society- Filling application

car3n 3 / 6  
Good morning.
I received an email saying that I have been invited to join Phi Theta Kappa, an international honors society. When filling the application, I came to a point where I had to write a statement of my commitment to Phi Theta Kappa. I just wanted to see if what I had planned to write is good enough. It had to be about 50 words or so.

Here is my statement:

I commit myself to uphold the high purposes of Phi Theta Kappa to which I have been invited. As a former member of the National Society of High School Scholars, I will be loyal to my community; and, I will continue to maintain and encourage high standards of scholarship , service, leadership, and character.

Thank you for your help :)
ak21 3 / 4  
seems, good to me, only 50 words, so can't do much there :D. Only thing is do you mean: standards of scholarship applicants , community service Just sounds weird to me with the: high standards of scholarship
KilgoreTrout 2 / 2  
Sounds great! I would only change three things, which I have highlighted in red.

I commit myself to uphold the noble purposes of Phi Theta Kappa to which I have been invited. As a former member of the National Society of High School Scholars, I will be loyal to my community, and I will continue to maintain and encourage high standards of scholarship, community service, leadership, and character.
Looking good. Always add substance when you can:
I commit myself to uphold the high purposes of Phi Theta Kappa to which I have been invited , XXXXX< YYYYYY< and ZZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZZ. ---Specify. It makes a more powerful assertion.

As a former member of the National Society of High School Scholars, I will be loyal to my community meaningless. Say something specific. Give them value. :-)

Home / Essays / Phi Theta Kappa, an international honors society- Filling application