Essay on the poetic features in "Selling Out" by Major Jackson

Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
I've got to write an essay that identifies and analyzes the way in which the poetic features in "Selling Out" by Major Jackson contribute to the poem's meaning or message.

Should I include a short summary of it in the intro or just dive into the rhetoric? Would the thesis just be "This this and that contribute the the poem's meaning and message" roughly?

I'm thinking the standard...example, analysis, example, analysis body paragraphs.

What do you guys think?
niraj /  
you should write essay for correction
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
You may want to include a summary in your introductory passages, but I wouldn't lead with that. How long is this essay to be?
Notoman 20 / 419  
Sorry friend. I have never done any poetry analysis. Did your teacher give you an example? Does he (she?) like students to lead with a hook or by defining the terms?

I'd never heard of that poem before (or the poet for that matter) so I did some Googling. It scared the crap out of me. I'll ever head into an urban area to try and score some blow.
OP Llamapoop123 7 / 442  
^Haha no she's just like "Tom. we're going to do an in class essay on this poem that no one knows...be prepared."

you should write essay for correction

^That's not the point...

^It's gonna be a standard 5 paragraph.

It's ok, I have a decent idea of what's going on in the film and a couple metaphors to work with. Hopefully I'll do well :P

Thanks everyone.

Home / Essays / Essay on the poetic features in "Selling Out" by Major Jackson