Question about headers in MLA format college essay?

fredrogers4 1 / 1  
Does the header count toward the page requirements? For example, if the teacher asked for no more than 3 pages in my essay than could I go to 3 and a half pages if my header takes up half of the first page?
kensmith199 2 / 2  
Headers do not count towards actual page count in most essays.
The teacher is not a robot. S/he should be fine with 900 words, because 1 page = 300 words.

:-)
McK_Allie 1 / 3  
I believe that if your header took up the first half of the page, it would be okay for your essay to go to a 4th page.
madilla 2 / 12  
Format of College essay (MLA, question on top)?

How do you format a college essay? Is it suppose to be in MLA format?? It's 250 words. Do I write my name or the question on top?

any help?

Thanks!
dmatano360 2 / 7  
I think most college websites that ask for a personal statement would tell you the format they want, MLA is most likely fine, and i don't think the name and repeating the prompt would be unnecessary unless it's asked for, since it's already in the application,
shmaceroo 3 / 21  
Sometimes they have examples of past essays if they have a specific format they want. Just kinda check online. Or if its for a specific college, email the undergrad admissions officer; they tend to be incredibly helpful.
madilla 2 / 12  
thank you guys :)

Home / Essays / Question about headers in MLA format college essay?