Question about writing topic sentences for the essay topic on social media

ahnzhie 1 / -  

how to construct the topic sentences for the main body?

The exact question of my essay topic is "Select any three from the following social media platforms that are currently popular worldwide and for each one examine how it has been used in a positive and negative way within the last five years: (1) FACEBOOK (2) WHATSAPP (3) INSTAGRAM (4) TWITTER (5) YOUTUBE". I have selected instagram, twitter and youtube for this and come up with one positive and one negative for each. I was asked to write an essay consisting of five paragraphs (intro, 3 main bodies and conclusion) and my idea for the main paragraphs is to write instagram with its pros and cons on one paragraph and then twitter on another paragraph and so on.

The main problem is that I dont know how to construct the topic sentences for the main body since there are two points in one paragraph. I tried to write it but I am not sure if it is alright so I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Topic sentence for instagram: Within the last five years, Instagram has been used as a platform for marketing which gives rise to both the positive and negative ways.
afriawan33 3 / 5 2  
Hi Anzie,

You better start to note down everything that comes in your idea. would be easy for other contributors giving advises when you post your essay, then you can continue with correction.

So, my best suggestion just starts your work.
Riyy, you should be able to accomplish the required discussion per body paragraph by using a transition sentence midstream. That transition sentence should be the third sentence in the paragraph and will allow you to properly change the direction of the discussion in a smooth manner. So the paragraph should be formatted this way:

1. Topic sentence
2. Positive reason
3. Transition sentence
4. Negative reason
5. Transition sentence into the next social media company

You can shift around numbers 2 and 4 in order to vary the presentation and keep the reader on their toes. Using that format guideline as an aid in writing your paper, what you have to do now is actually develop your essay and post it here for review. Don't worry about making mistakes and such. It is those mistakes that provide the learning experience on your part and helps us to advice you regarding your points for improvement.

Home / Essays / Question about writing topic sentences for the essay topic on social media