Rice Supplement (something unique about my view upon communism?)

xelloslast 1 / -  
Do you guys think that I can say something unique about my view upon communism?
t3h50 2 / 7  
What is the question? There are several Rice supplement prompts. I'm assuming it's for this one?:
"The quality of Rice's academic life and the Residential College System is heavily influenced by the unique life experiences and cultural traditions each student brings. What perspective do you feel that you will contribute to life at Rice?"

If so, then all I have to say is that you should be yourself. Rice is looking for a diverse student body. They're going to pick here and there to accomplish their goal, so you don't know exactly what type of person will make it or won't make it--all you can do is present yourself in a true and concise way to help out the adcoms and then hope for the best. Just try to focus on the things that make you unique and also on the things that you are passionate about. Aside from that, I don't really know how to answer your question; it's a bit vague. Maybe try writing it first so we can know what you are talking about.
FFtoMay1 2 / 8  
you can... but you would have to take precaution as politics are usually a tender subject
Yes!! If you post it, I'll give my ideas about whether or not it seems right...

Communism is a nice idea, but it is not consistent with the "survival of the fittest" principle that Nietzche called the Will to Power. Only democracy and capitalism leave people free to compete and survive. Communism is like bureaucracy: they lead to complacancy and corruption. Democracy fills lives with ambition and competition, but life is like that anyway!

:)

Home / Essays / Rice Supplement (something unique about my view upon communism?)