Self-Description Essay Help (for good college recommendations)

Fred2310 1 / -  
Hello,

So I am assigned to write a self-description essay for my high school so they can write good college recommendations, and I need some help. In this essay they are looking for what I value the most, which experiences have meant the most to me, and which of my accomplishments am I the proudest of. I think that I want to focus this essay on my ability to overcome my hearing deficiency as I was able to maintain good grades and participate in sports, but I'm just not sure of a creative way to start and where to go with this. If you had any ideas, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Fred
Hmmm... I am seeing lots of requests like this lately. It is a little disappointing to hear that teachers are requiring students to write their own recommendation letters. It would be nice if the teachers were experts about you, since YOU are the focus of their professions.

If this is to help them write good recommendation letters, give them some good material. Tell about your "accomplishments and adversity." If you write one paragraph about accomplishment and another about adversity, that will be intriguing for the reader. Start with a list of points you want them to include. Every adversity is also an accomplishment, because overcoming adversity is a kind of accomplishment.

:) Good luck with this important assignment! Try to come up with a meaningful, memorable theme that will stick in the reader's mind. Make sure you mention the theme at the beginning and also at the end of your essay.

Home / Essays / Self-Description Essay Help (for good college recommendations)