Need topic to practice, writing an essay for the first time

xtrainer_shine 1 / -  
I felt bad today upon receiving my report card. I got 5 band score on my essay writing. I need to get not below 7.5 over all band score on ielts exam. Can somebody help me improve my writing skills? I need help. Can somebody give me any topic that i can practice writing an essay? I am having a hard time describing and interpreting a graph. I will appreciate it if i will get a reply to anyone of you out there. Thank you in advance. God bless!
vivien_wang 9 / 31  
xtjosh, you can paste your writing here directly in this forum. People will try to make some comments or give you some advice:)
Martini - / 4  
xtjosh - If you're looking for a subject to write about, how about "Describe the key parts of the essay writing process"? Then you'll learn two things at once! Here's a quick guide on a blog I found: Hope that's helpful.
You sure are in the right place, Josh. I admire your effort to improve. I wish I knew what the criteria were for scoring you so I could help. I wish I knew what misconceptions or bad habits you have, so I could correct them. I do know that a book by Strunk and White called the Elements of Style has been most important for me personally.

Please do your best to explain to me the requirements for a perfect score.

Please whip up an essay with good topic sentences, and I will critique it. A topic sentence is the first sentence of a paragraph, and it should tell the whole meaning of the paragraph in a single sentence.

Put your thesis statement at the beginning of the first paragraph.

If at all possible, we will turn you into a writer whose skill is just as good as anyone's... and you will have no uncertainty about what it takes to write well.

Find that book by Strunk and White!!!

Home / Essays / Need topic to practice, writing an essay for the first time