An introductory part of my essay writing practice.

akbartaufiq25 7 / 81 54  
Most of college students consider that the academic writing is quite intricate. They must follow some set of rules (such as the content, writing style, writing mechanics, etc) prior to composing the paper. Still, these components are the features in differencing an academic writing to the other types of writing which aim to express one's idea in written form. In addition, paying attention to the characteristics of an academic writing helps you to polish your writing and attracts readers' attention as well. This chapter brings you the insight regarding to the fundamental aspects of an academic writing.

The Exclusive of Academic Writing
Initially, finding several factors of why academic writing was being accused by many to be a complicating process is necessary prior to identifying the characteristics of writing in an academic setting. The nature of academic writing is compelling among the same activities. The point is the freshmen or inexperienced researchers' capability in understanding the academic writing. This consideration is illustrated in the following.

During the first time studying, undergraduate students are often perplexed with a new task or the upgraded version of a usual task they got in the senior high. Back then, a senior high student was given one or two homework by the teacher as the part of classroom activities. The tasks are usually concerned with the topics in a textbook, an unfinished quiz of classroom activities, or even write the continuation of the today's lesson. This was the habit of giving students homework in general. None of these activities are unimportant. It aims to give the students time to review the lesson.

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 776 309  
Akbar, it seems you gain many improvements in this essay. It was well-written and understandable. I like the way you put some cohesive devices clearly and appropriately. You also had a good grammatical control by using some variety of complex structures and most of your sentences were error-free. I think you are ready to write the next part of your essay. Perhaps, my suggestion is that you can close your introduction part by generalizing the main idea, either re-state by paraphrasing it or make a concluding sentence in the end of your introduction. Also, I am a little bit distracted when you put 'etc' in an academic writing. I think it was not a good idea. It indicates many possibilities, which most of them are negative. It shows that you are running out of examples, running out of ideas, or lazy to give additional example/explanation/idea. Even, some people define ETC as End of Thinking Capacity. Therefore, you should replace it by another word or perhaps just end it there. The point is, do not let your sentence wide open to ambiguity and negative thoughts to the reader.

Good luck for the next part! :)
justivy03 - / 2359 607  
HI Akbar, as I was reading through your essay, I can't help but notice that this is quiet a long introductory part of the essay, as you know, the introduction is pretty much an introduction to the essay, I suppose a maximum of 5 sentences should suffice your introduction.

Now, there is still a good thing in this introductory draft, that is, you know exactly what you want to say and write in your essay, all you have to do now is to re- write them in a way that is like a summary to the one that you have right now, as mentioned, a few sentences will be enough to act as your introduction to the essay that you are trying to come up with.

Overall, it is a well established idea and I hope you will be able to come upi with the the succeeding paragraphs as strong as your introduction.
cecep - / 1  
first of all , thank you and i appreciated it. i am short on an idea, and i do not have compliment about it.as fas as i am concerned

what an interesting wriiitng that you wrote because i got a bunch of vocabularies. keep doing and sharing
OP akbartaufiq25 7 / 81 54  
@ichan: Hi Ichan, it's a pleasure for me to know that you are Indonesian too. And thanks for the "ETC" so that I can start to write something new with the ETC (Emergence of Thinking Capacity) :D

@justivy: Hello Ivy, it's a pleasure to read your amazing comments. I would like to ask you if is it possible for me to make this "introductory part" to be an introduction chapter of my upcoming book draft? I'd like to write something about academic writing based on me and my friend's experience. They have lots of problem in writing so probably I can help them through my work.

@cecep: Hi Cecep, it's nice to see that you got new vocabularies from my writing. I am practically in a process of developing my writing so it would be excellent if we share each other regarding our writing.
justivy03 - / 2359 607  
Hi Akbar, thank you for appreciating our work here on EF, we definitely strive to provide accurate criticisms towards your essay and to your future writing articles. Now, when it comes to your concern on using this introduction for your book, somehow, it may work, this is because, when writing a book, you have a vast space to fill in order to call your project, a book. A lot of ideas should be expressed as this is a compilation of writing articles.

In my own opinion, a little polishing on the introduction will not hurt, I suggest that you should be more specific with your examples, be very cautious on creating a general opinion on matters that might provide a different outcome from the readers, especially because in todays world, nothing is not reached by social media or the internet itself.

Moreover, make sure that you provide as much facts as you can, should you need to provide your side of the matter at hand, see to it that it is base on facts and you quote it for yourself, this is for safe an responsible writing.

I wish to review your book soon and should you need further assistance,do let us know and we are here for you.

Home / Writing Feedback / An introductory part of my essay writing practice.
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: