I need to write a personal letter to my son in essay format

vgrommes 2 / 3  
I need to write a letter for my english class. I don't know how to start it - or write it in the form of a letter. So i did tried but not sure if this will work below are some directions of what my teacher want me to include

is more informative with running commentaryI

should include
1. intro paragraph where i establish rapport with the reader.I can add a personal touch to this portion of the essay /letter. overall i still need to grab the attention of the reader.

dierct quotes and commentary as needed

towards the end ot the letter i should articulate a personal philsophy in whole or part on what i think is important in acquiring a satisfying and personally rewwarding college education that honors academics learning and key cultural influences. this concluding part of the letter should contain your distilled nuggets of wisdom that you can share with your reader

so far I have wrote this

Dear son:

Dear Son :

Congratulation and graduating high school.
Wow! Time sure goes by fast; seems like it was just yesterday. I remember this day you were born, December 28, 1999, at 2:05 pm, in the afternoon. What a great joy this day was seeing everyone welcoming you to the Anderson family. As every year goes by, and you get older I look forward to seeing you become an adult, and go off to college. This why I'm writing to you my son .

so far thats all i got .
NYUgrl 2 / 3  
Congratulation and graduating high school. I dont think its a correct grammer. maybe congratulation for graduating highschool.
I think you dont have to mention the time of birth..it feels weird. And i think you should mention how proud you are of him and also how he has grown up to be a man now. Hope this is helpfull
NYUgrl 2 / 3  
maybe something funny like It seems like just only yesterday when you used to run around in daipers...???
OP vgrommes 2 / 3  
thanks , I like that way better...
OP vgrommes 2 / 3  
this my final letter . Can someone please review it and let me know anything would be help.
Wow! Time sure goes by fast; it seems like only yesterday when you used to run around in diapers. Oh, those days sure had me cracking up. I can't believe it, six more years till you graduate from high school. As your mother, who dearly loves you a lot, and wants the best for you is why I've wrote this letter to you. It's about your education and your future plans. I know it's been very challenging for you, every year. You're probably wondering why you should continue on with your education. Son, if you're wondering what you should do next consider furthering your education or work skills that will come in handy later in life.

The start of college is very exciting but also very overwhelming with the variety of classes. I would like you to really think of college as your choice to continue on with your education. I need you to know that going into college is fun, yet it's a new beginning to another life that stands between you and what will become of you. This is why, choosing wisely, which classes you will enroll is very important. It will guide you to become a productive person throughout the rest of your life. As indicated, in a story I have read by the Author Jeffrey Hart, "An ordinary course is one that has always been taken and obviously should be taken "(339). You should prioritize primary classes so you get your moneys worth and earn a successful education. According to Jeffrey Hart, these are some classes: "American and European history, introduction to philosophy, American and European literature, the Old and New Testaments and one modern language (340)." Marc before you can move to other advanced courses you must understand these ordinary courses, as Hart suggested, in his story. Following these suggestions will help you advance on to other courses and fully understand.

Another, way to go about your educational plans is to attend a short term vocational school. If you wish to work after you graduate from high school, than a vocational school is the right place for you. You will master work related skills but will not earn a master's degree or PHD degree. With these skills you will be able to prove to employers what you will bring to their company even though you did not receive a college degree. You can still be hired with or without a degree as long as you're capable of doing your job description. This is why receiving some type of formal vocational school training shows what values you will bring to their company (Murray 399)." After all, having a degree is not necessary what does matters to employers is that a person can do a fantastic job.

Good things to know about vocational school are its short term and a high IQ score is not required. Either way you decide to go you will be able to make a living and find a reasonable job.

Education should be very important aspect in everyone's life. Many would say education shows how a person learns and what they will become of themselves. Understanding, why and what is all part of learning. Learning is an every day process in order to keep up you must be dedicated and motivated. After reading these stories, it's made me realize you don't have to be very smart. You're still capable of learning and moving forward with your life. As long as you can comprehend some knowledge is the key to learning.

After reading this letter, I hope you will take my advice about your future educational plans. I know it must be difficult to decide what to do. Marc, choose a good path for yourself although you might think of putting college off for a later time it's not the best choice. I would recommend you to go to college after you graduate so you don't forget what you have learned. Education, Son, is very important. Don't ever give up; after all, you are my one and only son. I must give you the best advice to follow. Son, I will always be here to support you. Have faith in your self, and I love you a lot. Hope these last few words of inspiration will lead you to positive thoughts and you will choose wisely what to do with your bright future in the coming years.

Sincerely,

Home / Essays / I need to write a personal letter to my son in essay format