("If we were to admit one more student..) - how to start ISB Application essay?

kbihani 1 / 2  
hi,
my topic for the essay is:
"If we were to admit one more student to this YLP batch, make a compelling argument as to why that student should be you ? "

Please can you suggest me how should i start this essay and what points should i include in it?
eradulova 7 / 14  
So, you start with your background.What you have studied. What are your achievement and score since now. What you aim. Than you write about your abilities and goals. You should sound confident of yourself. Say also something good for the this YLP batch and you are ready with you essay.

good luck
OP kbihani 1 / 2  
Hi eradulova,
thanks for your points. i have written an essay. i would really be grateful if you could point out my mistakes and tell me if i need to write anything more.

"Chaos breeds life, when order breeds habit". This statement from Henry Adams truly resonates with my philosophy of life. My entire focus has been to develop a versatile personality not solely dependent on academic knowledge. For the same reason, I have always held some position of responsibility like monitor, captain of cricket team, etc. all through my schooling days and participated in diverse extra-curricular activities.

While in college, I organized a blood donation camp in the village of Mekliganj. We were under sustained pressure to motivate people to come and donate blood; as such an event had never taken place in the area. At such times, I motivated and led my small volunteer team. My passion for the event and my team spirit, didn't allow me to deter from what I actually wanted to achieve from the event and in the end, we collected an overwhelming 1000 pints of blood.

Right from participating in drama competitions, to learning French, to launching into the nascent but hugely potential field of windows phone Software Development which requires a lot of learning, I have always sought and relished the tiniest opportunity to learn and upgrade myself with something new. This has allowed me to develop traits like learning by doing, time management, resilience, resourcefulness, and initiative - qualities that are essential for effective execution in a complex imperfect world.

I would definitely bring something distinct to the halls of ISB. With my radical thinking and with the respect that I carry for diverse opinions, I would be an asset to the next class of ISB.

Home / Graduate / ("If we were to admit one more student..) - how to start ISB Application essay?