Computer- An inevitable necessity! ; SOP SUNY Buffalo

anirudhr 1 / -  
Computer- An inevitable necessity! The Computer era has made revolution in our present day world. A field that was in its budding stage a few decades ago, is today aiding us discover the origin of the Universe. It has undoubtedly become ineluctable in all walks of our life. Solving problems in the form of puzzles, riddles and quizzes has always allured me right from my school days. It was this fondness for solving problems that attracted me towards computers. My first encounter with computers was when I was in second grade and was taught Logo. I was quite amazed by observing how I could draw complex figures by a single command. This was an initial spark to my interest in computers. The later years in school saw me going through languages like QBasic, C, and Visual Basic. So the thought of becoming a software engineer got implanted in my mind at an early age.

An inclination towards Mathematics and a zest for solving analytical problems involving logical thinking drove me towards engineering field. Thus, in order to fulfill my childhood dream, I chose the Information Technology field. The broad and an in-depth course structure at I.T.M University, Gurgaon has given me a firm hold on both hardware and software fundamentals. The subjects that captured my interest the most were Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, Advance Java, Computer Networks and System and Database Management System. My recent interest is in the field of Cloud Computing and as an initial step towards it, I have cleared IBM Certified Solution Architect certification.

The field of application of technology is what interests me the most as it gives me a chance to test my knowledge and at the same time provides me with an opportunity to learn new concepts. My final year project was "Virtual Medical Home" in Dot Net technology with Microsoft SQL Server on the backend. It is targeted at easing the entire prescription process between a patient and a doctor by making the whole process online. It is basically divided in four roles- An administrator responsible for managing users, their details and queries, assigning the doctors to patients and generating system reports; A doctor responsible for giving appointments to the patients, providing them e-prescriptions & checking their previous health records; A kiosk manager for computer illiterate people responsible for registering a patient, taking appointment for a patient & providing feedback to the administrator; A patient responsible for taking appointment, e-prescriptions & managing his/her details. This project was a unique experience for me as apart from improving my technical knowledge, I also witnessed how a deep knowledge and insight in this field can make our lives more comfortable and easier. This experience has motivated me to pursue graduation in this field as it will give me a chance to elevate my knowledge and understanding to a level where I am able to make a valuable contribution in this field.

After completing my bachelor's degree, I got an opportunity to work with Infosys Limited, which is among top two I.T. companies in India. At Infosys, I have worked on an RFP (Request for Proposal) for SCOR group which is Europe's leading re-insurance group and I am presently working on a project for ING (International Netherlands Group) which is among the world's largest banking and insurance conglomerate. Working in a corporate environment has not only helped me in testing and improving my technical skills but at the same time has also helped me imbibe qualities like teamwork, punctuality and leadership skills.

I want to pursue M.S. in Computer Science from U.S. as it is way ahead in Computer technology than other nations. Thus, it will provide me the best infrastructure and knowledge of niche technologies. It will also help me realize my ultimate goal which is to make a commendable contribution to the field of computers and towards society by starting an innovative venture .

The highly qualified and well-renowned faculty which has contributed to the inventions like the pattern recognition software, Talent™ thoracic stent graft, Teleradiology 3-D viewer & data transmission system coupled with the excellent facilities at the State University of New York, Buffalo will provide me an ideal atmosphere to achieve my professional goals. Besides this, the numerous clubs for extra-curricular activities will help me hone my soft skills as well. I would very much like to be a part of an institution that constitutes of a celebrated alumni including NASA's lead astronaut for medical issues, the minister for Higher education in the People's Republic of China, the founder of Miramax Films, the Washington Post's Pulitzer Prize winning editorial cartoonist and the co-founder of Baidu.

In the present day world, constant progress is the key to a successful life and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, diligence; perseverance & proper guidance are the four pillars that lay the foundation of a successful career. I am sure the quality education coupled with the impeccable guidance at SUNY Buffalo will help me realize my dreams both personally & professionally.
applenpeach - / 5 1  
The Computer era has made revolution in our present day world

Not a proper sentence, how about "The Computer era has revolutionized our present day world" .
Nice essay! All the best.

Home / Graduate / Computer- An inevitable necessity! ; SOP SUNY Buffalo