A single experiment can prove me wrong; SOP-MIS (Suny Buffalo)

Lochan 1 / 1  
Below is my SOP for Application for MIS in Suny Buffalo. Can you guys please review it and provide your inputs and opinion about it.

"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." Whenever I think of Science, I think of this line by Albert Einstein. Science has always been my fascination right from my childhood. Be it a computer game or any automatic machine, it always fascinated me to discover its mechanics and ask one question all the time, "How Things Work?"

After graduating with a first class degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from the University of Pune, I felt I needed to understand the professional and practical aspects of programming, and hence started working at AtoS. I was trained on Mainframe, RDBMS, Core and Advanced Java during my training period in ATOS. During my work tenure, My Profile involved enhancement and maintenance of CSS and core Java code, monitoring of data migration form SAP system to Non-SAP system and troubleshooting the Synchronization issues. The Project has Oracle database which also gave me hands on experience in PL/SQL and Oracle features. In order to industrially acclaim my learning experience, I successfully acquired the Oracle certification for Java Programmer (OCJP). I soon realized that, although I enjoy handling the complex equipment and processing the results, I am not going to be satisfied with carrying out routine procedures under the direction of others. I want to be part of the team that directs the course of the project. So, MIS seemed to me as a perfect course to prepare my career for new opportunities in modern day business management.

Perhaps, my love for computers started, when my father brought the first desktop computer in our home. I was instantly addicted to it, playing games for hours on it. I was fascinated by the versatility it provided. I was keen to continue my academics pursuit in this field to turn my interest and curiosity into reality. The burning fire in me coupled with calibrated self-confidence and relentless hard work rewarded me with a distinction of 87.6% in my 10th grade matriculation exam securing 3rd position in my school. This opened the door for higher studies for me in Pune, which is also called as the Oxford of the East. I utilized this opportunity to enhance my career in the field of Engineering.

To satiate my interests and curiosity towards, the design and development of Computing Systems, I opted for Electronics & Telecommunications (ENTC) engineering course for my undergraduate studies. The highly experienced faculty members and rich infrastructure in college gave me an opportunity to participate in various technical events at the National level. I was responsible for management of Robotics during our technical event which enlightened my management skills; this made me realize that I am well suited for a course which would sharpen my management as well as technical skills.

The multi-disciplinary nature of the course helped me to determine and focus on my areas of interests. Although Electronic System Designing and Signal Processing came easy to me, it was Data Structures, Computer Networking & Microprocessors and Microcontrollers that really amazed and excited my intellect. The ability to control and perform complex tasks using simplified electronic hardware by making use of software, sky-rocketed my imaginations. Fueled by my imaginations and by the mere excitement of applying my knowledge to practical problems, I chose to take up a project in my final year for the Automatic Guidance of Airborne Missile. It was primarily involved with the detection of unidentified object in high security military installations and provision of automated guidance to anti-intrusion missile system. My work on the project involved programming extensively on Visual Basic and Assembly Language, providing me with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience and carrying out independent & exhaustive research. It was my aptitude and my zeal for programming that landed me with my current job at Atos.

I have always maintained that technology has the potential to provide maximum precision with consistency and with the least input costs. Businesses are increasingly relying on information systems to provide support in decision-making in operational activities. I wish to pursue my masters in MIS to acquire technical expertise by combining my coding skills with management and data analytics, so that I could provide smart business solutions to my future employer and add value to their business.

Upon graduation from the University, I wish to work as a business analyst with leading organizations. In the long-term, I intend to use my experience in business analytics and decision support systems to anticipate the needs of the customers and provide engineered solutions and take on Senior Management responsibilities or even start my own business solutions firm.

In selecting the University at Buffalo, School of Management's MIS program I have been influenced by its focus on application of information system and web technologies to help maintain and run modern businesses. The program with its Job Shadowing and MIS Practicum options offers the most relevant and rich industrial experience. I am particularly looking forward to such courses as Management of Globally Distributed Services and Systems Analysis and Design. I am also excited to interact with Dr. Rajiv Kishore whose rich experience as a consultant in IT industry would help my cause. I have learned about the collaborative environment at your University where I will interact with talented students, teachers and industry professionals. It is therefore, just the right place that will equip me with unparalleled academic and professional skills and will enhance my personal growth as a Business Technologist.

If given the opportunity, I am sure that my aptitude and drive will see me through the challenges and I would keep up to your expectations. I sincerely hope that your university will give me a chance to prove myself and help me realize my dream.
Well... I just provided my comments on another SOP. Check the alignment of what you wrote with this one :)
OP Lochan 1 / 1  
Thanks for the reply:)
I Think my SOP contains all the points in the allignment mentioned as well.
Can you suggest if anything is missing or any other suggestion to make it in a more sophisticated way.

Home / Graduate / A single experiment can prove me wrong; SOP-MIS (Suny Buffalo)