Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you

jingjing 1 / -  

This is the essay required by University of Wisconsin Madison. Please give any advice or comment.

Searching the website for the common but fatal disease people nowadays have, it will display a roster of cancer in the screen, perhaps, along with the number of people who died of cancer. I guess, in every family history around these years, everyone has at least one family member who died of cancer. In this era which is dependently using the latest technology, almost all diseases can be or even must be treated by latest equipment. The chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery and so on are seem to be the necessary treatments if someone is diagnosed with the cancer. However, even though the necessary actions have been taken to avoid worsening the condition, there is no significant improvement in the survival rate for the cancer patients. Nonetheless, people are still too blind to see the fact that these modern technology should be banned for their own sake.

Why do people have to simply follow every instruction from the doctors who are manipulated by the technology which is then controlled by the materialistic businessmen? There are actually other feasibly options for them to choose-changing the diet is the most natural and painless way to get rid of cancer cells. Since the root of cancer, even other sicknesses, is built up on the food consumed over the years, it will never be too late to inhibit the spreading of cancer cells through changing diet. Seeing these people who are suffering in the hand of cancer, it is torture that I can't do anything for that. I care about this so much as I, myself, am a victim of this tragedy. Nothing can be done to erase this awful and pathetic memory from me and my family. If anyone of us stepped out to pull my aunt out of the so-called chemotherapy, I would have a higher chance to hold my aunt's hands now. I wish deeply that this will not happen to me again, or even to anyone else. I will be the person to come forward to prevent the horrible thing from happened, on behalf of my aunt. In order to do that, I need to be strong academically and mentally.
Okay, here is the thing. You chose to discuss the way that cancer affected your family and yourself within the context that the option for other cancer treatments, other than chemical, go unnoticed. the truth of the matter is, that has not gone unnoticed and is often used by other cancer stricken patients and their families these days as part of the alternative therapies to treating the illness. Also, you have a slight misunderstanding of the prompt. This type of prompt is actually geared to have you discuss something unique about yourself that you may not notice but other people do.

The best way to respond to this essay is normally, by presenting a talent, ability, or character trait that you have which other people consider to be special about you, but that you just consider to be a part of your "normal self". That is where the "unnoticed" part of the essay comes from. It is unnoticed by you but noticed by others.

Actually, there are no right or wrong answers to this particular prompt, provided you keep it personal and focused on a personal aspect of your personality. This is all about further introducing yourself to the review officer, from the eyes of other people. I would suggest that you either ask your parents, friends, or other family members for some of your traits which they consider special in you and then pick the one that you would like to discuss in this essay. Rather than using the current essay that you have.

Home / Graduate / Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you