"consistent hard work" - Statement of Purpose: Computer Science

Jeba 1 / 2  
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
"The person who makes a success of living is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly". In an effort to value these words in my life, I have developed a great belief in consistent hard work which made it possible to achieve a successful carrier from my schooling through my undergraduate studies.

I believe, science is an inevitable source for the sophisticated and modern life which we enjoy today and it is incomplete without the contribution of mathematics. I found these subjects very interesting and always had a fond of them during my schooling. I was able to get cent percent in mathematics through my penchant for the subject. I completed my 10th grade, securing 4th rank in the school with 94%. With diligent preparation and concentration, I secured school first in my 12th grade with 93%.

During my High School, I wondered how wind along the mountains is converted into light energy in home appliances and how simple manipulation of electrons and protons could make things which benefit the humanity in tremendous ways. With this curiosity and desire to learn deep, I took Electrical and Electronics stream as my undergraduate major. During my undergraduation, a good and balanced syllabus throughout the four years helped me hone my skills and shape my domain knowledge. I was exposed to a wide range of subjects like Electrical Machines, Control System, Power System, Digital electronics and Digital signal processing. I developed a strong inclination toward Control system, Power system, Microprocessor. The course on power systems was challenging and the C, C++ programming I had in second year of the course helped me write programs on my own to solve the power system analysis problems involving numerical method concepts.

During my course, I was given a very good chance to sharpen my analytical skills which helped me to analyze complex theoretical concepts especially in the subjects like Electrical Machines, Power System Analysis and Digital Signal Processing. My involvement in the field along with my thirst for learning new things and concepts has definitely been the reason for my securing the third rank in my department.

Absorbing and appreciating the controller concepts in Control System, I started my ground work to design a new controller" NON ITERATIVE CONTROLLER FOR BLDC DRIVE SYSTEM" which eliminates the unnecessary iterations contained in conventional controllers. Under the effective guidance of Prof.C.Ganesh, I along with the three others worked on the project aiming at developing a position controller to meet both transient and steady state responses within a very short time period. The inherent nature of the tangential function was put into effect to achieve the result in a single step with very minimum tolerance band of 0.2% which is more than 20% in lag controllers and 50% in lead controllers. I contributed to the project through hardware designing of the logic circuits for controlling the direction of the BLDC motor and MATLAB simulation of the results .Organising my team members and implementing the theoretical concepts through my project, I was greatly exposed to the practical difficulties in designing and developed the skills to overcome the same with continuous commitment and constant effort. During my project, I also learnt how to be an effective leader and the importance of team work to achieve the goal accurately and quickly.

I also worked on the research paper titled "A Non Iterative Controller Design for a BLDC Drive System" for an International Conference on Advances in Recent Technologies in Communication with my professor as a co-author. This paper will be included in the conference Proceedings, IEEE Xplore and IEEE CS Digital Library. It served as an enriching experience and a chance to interact with dedicated professors in my stream. Apart from academic excellence, I also made my presence well in the department functions and seminars. I actively conducted quiz programs and presented technical seminars in my department.

My goal is to learn still further by pursuing masters' degree and implementing the ideas as effectively as I can. When I searched universities for my stream, I found .... as the best because of its unparalleled standards in the research field. I have a great confidence that I can have an excellent environment for enriching my knowledge.
prasun8463 3 / 9  
Career Accomplishments are well written.
But your desire to study in X college needs to be ramped up.
1)You can demonstrate further interest to show what they offer is in conjunction with your abilities and Interests.
2) show you have researched the college.mention details(maybe)
3)Got the impression that the last paragraph ended abruptly.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
I like the detailed content beginning with the second paragraph, but I'm not thrilled with the introduction, which is commonplace and takes too long to get to the point. Similarly, your conclusion is too vague.
OP Jeba 1 / 2  
"The person who makes a success of living is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. I have realized the meaning in deep, hidden inside these words in my life, which is perhaps the reason for the successful carrier from my schooling through my undergraduate studies.

How about this intro????
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
No. Sorry. General statements like that are the worst possible way to start an essay. Also, I think you mean "career," not "carrier."

A strong introduction tells the reader something unique about you and/or draws them into the essay. This would be a good first line:

During my High School, I wondered how wind along the mountains is converted into light energy in home appliances and how simple manipulation of electrons and protons could make things which benefit the humanity in tremendous ways.
OP Jeba 1 / 2  
ur suggestion is very helpful..

During High School, I wondered how wind along the mountains is converted into light energy in home appliances and how simple manipulation of electrons and protons could make things which benefit humanity in tremendous ways.

If i start with these lines , will it be attractive???
Or Will it create any odd or exaggerated feeling??
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  

I think so. I think it will intrigue the reader.

Home / Graduate / "consistent hard work" - Statement of Purpose: Computer Science