'To create a super-great polymer' - SOP for Polymer Engineering for graduate ADMission

fafa_tv 1 / 1  
During my first meet with polymers in high school, I was surprised by the magic powers of combining their simple building blocks in different sequences to create the diverse materials that we consider integral to our daily life. I found there were infinite possibilities in the miraculous "polymer world". Maybe one day I could create a super-great polymer material for the world. This dream gradually became my interest in polymer.

I started my academic journey at Islamic Azad University branch of Shahreza (IAUSH). Driven by my interest in polymers, I learned deeply about polymer and I have big interest about synthesis of new polymers. When I was looking for my graduated thesis for BA degree, my professor introduce new word of polymer it was self-healing polymer.so I picked this topic and worked hard on this topic. My bachelor thesis was "self-healing polymer and composite. This work was a kind of review of production method, mechanical properties and applications. Because of intense interest to self-healing polymer I decided to continue my master degree in University of Tehran (UT) which is the best university in the Iran. When I consult with your guide Master's thesis on the subject, I picked ternary blending which is one of the best way to produce self-healing polymer.so I worked at "Microstructure-Mechanical Properties Correlation in Ternary Blends of HDPE/ PA/EVOH Based on Experimental Design Method" as my master's thesis. I worked hard and learned a lot about ternary blending and self-healing polymer. From master's thesis, two ISI paper were extracted that are under review for publication. Although my average grade (15.75) seems to be low, in comparison to the average grade of our Department in UT (13.51), it shows my endeavor.

Now I hope to transition from basic science to applied science and closer to my dream from high school: making a fantastic material for the world. After six years of study, my dream has become more and more detailed. Can you imagine that a polymer heal itself as skin? My ultimate goal is to gain professional research strength in the field of self-healing polymer to be able to join other researchers for overcoming challenges the world is facing for retrieving useful information. Hence I began my investigations, and my enquiries led me to the idea that Eastern Mediterranean University is a prestigious university in my field of interest with expert faculties, and is the one that could make my dreams come true. I have carefully researched activities done there and found them extremely novel and I also talked to some people who were somehow familiar with Eastern Mediterranean University and they all approved of my intention and admired my choice. So, now I feel greatly honored if I can find my way to Eastern Mediterranean University Tech where I am quite confident will enrich my knowledge and asset as would be professor with a good experience and background.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Important - you must give more useful comments not to get suspended.
erwiin 5 / 12  
Hello, your essay is good. However, I would like to give some suggestions for it.

1. I have (a/the ) big interest about (interest in ) synthesis of new polymers
2. which is one of the best way (ways ) to produce (a/the ) self-healing polymer
3. my enquiries (inquiries ) led me to the idea

Thank you
MJT 5 / 8  
Hi fafa
here are my suggestions,

... and I have a big interest aboutin synthesis of new polymers.
... my professor introduce a new word of polymer ...
..., mechanical properties, and applications.
... to self-healing polymer, I decided to continue ...
... blending which is one of the best wayways to produce ...

Home / Graduate / 'To create a super-great polymer' - SOP for Polymer Engineering for graduate ADMission