"the day I first discovered my interest in the field of computer" - my SOP

justanew_id 1 / 1  
Hi everybody
Would you please help me improve my SOP essay? I have a limit of 1500 characters.

I remember the day I first discovered my interest in the field of computer when I was 15 and did an exhausting research to find out what a computer specialist do.

In my BA, SE and OO programming were my top favorite courses. Feeling thirst to deal with real world problems, I soon engaged in a team working software project for organizing our department library. We did a great job and I as a team member noticed a project is more than just coding.

After completing the graduation I started my careers as the assistant of senior analyst in a private ICT company and a C#.Net programmer. Through my self-studies parallel with full time working in different IT specialist positions, which have broadened my outlook too, I became fascinated with issues that affect IT solution development worldwide. Now that I'm 27 I know running every phase of a successful IT business needs really deep insight as an entrepreneur.

As I have decided to continue my education toward my PhD degree, I started evaluating different master programs through universities' websites. I'd like to express a great interest in applying for EMCSE because of its rich content from the very first fundamental steps (requirements engineering) to advanced topics of software project management. Analysis and design of globally-qualified software solutions is exactly what I want to learn from outstanding European researchers, internship in multicultural pioneer software companies and of course my theoretical and practical researches.
ylee11 7 / 11  
... research to find out what a computer specialist does .
... with real world problems, I was soon engaged in a team working software ...
We did a great job, and I, as a team member, noticed a project is more than just coding.
After completing the graduation, I started my careers as an assistant of a senior analyst in a private ...
Through my self-studies paralleled with full time (...) my outlook as well , I was fascinated by issues that affect IT ...
Now that I'm 27, I know running every phase ...
OP justanew_id 1 / 1  
Thank you Yukyung for your kind relpy.
Please help me to have a better essay for my "additional qualifications" which has the same a limit of 1500 chacters:

As I was seriously considering specializing in SE, I was keenly interested in acquiring more practical skills in this field. So, I studied Master of IT majoring e-commerce at X university, faculty of industrial engineering, in pursuit of higher education.

I found its curricula focused on theoretical knowledge thus it could hardly build up highly qualified global market oriented specialists. So, I could never answer to my questions like: How complex software solutions like CRM, MIS and ERP can be implemented in various real environments?

Honors:
-Ranked 1st diploma total average, in vocational school where I attended before going to college.
-Ranked 5th place in national academic competitions of technical colleges. (My motivation to pursue further educations towards a non-continues BA and took the nation-wide comprehensive entrance exam to get admission from universities.

-Ranked 27th in the nationwide university entrance exam among 600.000 participants in 2005, for my Master.
Publication:
Customizing Computer Forensics Investigation Models for prosecuting Online Credit Card Frauds (Accepted in international conference of e-commerce in developing countries, 2008)
However, from my work and experience in the sector of computer and IT, I came to recognized that my knowledge is still limited and am very inspired about continuing my applied studies and research. It'll be a great privilege if I can get the opportunity offered by EMSE.

Home / Graduate / "the day I first discovered my interest in the field of computer" - my SOP