Efficiency, Profits and Quality; SOP/Motivation Letter -Industrial Engineering

ipavan57 1 / 1  
After many days of hardwork and patience I wrote my Motivation Letter. Hope you can correct any mistakes and please send the feedback

Thanks in advance

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

Every Industry or Company works on a simple motive that is to improve their Efficiency, Profits and Quality. Only a well Organized and well Managed Industries can reach such standards by implementing techniques and concepts from Industrial Engineering. As a Mechanical Engineer, in my Undergraduate study, I have been taught various subjects relating to Industrial Engineering. These concepts fascinated and interested me and finally made me to pursue a Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering and make a career in my chosen field.

A person with a good academic profile can only make it in German Universities. I bring with me a strong academic background with 84% in 10th and 88.6% in Intermediate. I was among the top 15% in the State level Entrance Examination. This placed me to study in Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering which stands in top ten Engineering Colleges in my State. My College provided me all the resources to learn and study better and my Professors are very encouraging and friendly.

The Subjects Industrial Management, Operations Research, Managerial Economics & Financial Analysis, Project Management, Production Planning & Control and Automation in Manufacturing provided me the fundamental knowledge and also the basic concepts like Critical Path Method (CPM), Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT), ABC and VED analysis. In Operations Research concepts like Sequencing Problem, Replacement Problem, Queuing Theory and Assignment Problem have always interested me.

As a part of our Engineering Curriculum I have undertaken visits to many Industries like Samkrg Pistons & Rings Limited, APSRTC Bus Repair Workshop, Vizag Steel Plant and Clasil Refractories. These visits have revealed me the latest technologies in use. They also gave me an exposure to the general working structure of an Industry. I also had the opportunity to interact with the General Managers in these Industries and listen to their lectures. I recalled the concepts of Organization and structures of Organization like Line, Line & Staff and Functional Organization.

My passion for Industrial Engineering grew even stronger when I did my Inplant Training at Hyundai Motor India Limited, Chennai for two weeks. I was very fortunate to do my training at HMIL as it is India's largest exporter of cars and 2nd largest automobile manufacturer in India. I studied about Body Shop and Engine & Transmission Shop. I was amazed by seeing the techniques they applied from the courses Production Planning and Control, Operations Research and Automation in Manufacturing. I was able to understand Product Layout that is commonly used in Automotive Industry and also Inline type Manufacturing System. They also provided with the information of how they manage their Inventory and how they try to reduce their Inventory costs. These valuable lectures by Industry experts helped me to understand the real time situation and also the problems they face while managing the work force. Therefore, I believe that a Graduate Program is an essential step for me to acquire a higher level of knowledge, leadership skills and problem solving ability to tackle the most diverse and intricate problems in an Industry.

Apart from Academics, I had participated in various National Technical Events held at NIT Warangal, SASTRA University in Chennai and Andhra University in Visakhapatnam. I took part in the Robotic competitions, I saw students from different colleges around India participating with different models. I also visited IIT Bombay for their Annual Tech Fest and saw different new Innovations demonstrated by Professors and Students from around the Globe. It was a great learning experience for me and actually see how globally technology is advancing. I am confident that I can explore the opportunities given to me and succeed globally in my career.

I gathered enough knowledge and information about German Education and German culture from my two Seniors Satya Prakash studying at Technical University of Darmstadt and Vinesh Thota pursuing his Masters Degree at Technische Universität Dortmund. My Professor K. Ramakrishna who worked for Krupp (Germany) for one year and he is a Member of Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft e.v., Cologne (Germany). He has imparted knowledge and gave me huge information about Germany and this encouraged me to pursue a Masters Degree in Germany.

I would like to continue my education in order to gain better knowledge and vision. A Graduate Course would pave way to earn hands on experience and acquire specialization. It would help hove my skills earn proficiency and seek professional exposure. I seek admission into your graduate school. I hope that my credentials are found worthy of admission with possible financial aid at the University.

(Pavan Kumar)
.
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
firstly, this is toooooo long to be called as a letter..

I would like to continue my education in order to gai n better knowledge and vision

"attain" is better..

that was very well done... length still lies as the only problem... go for a short one and then for submission... for there is nothing bad... ^-^
OP ipavan57 1 / 1  
Ya I will cut down the length.
Anyways Thanks for your suggestion :)

Building is hard but destruction is easy :)

Home / Graduate / Efficiency, Profits and Quality; SOP/Motivation Letter -Industrial Engineering